Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little unclear and wanted to confirm. I read in the manual that there are different memory settings for each key. Does that include the seats? I tried today with my key and no matter what it would move the seat to memory position 1 which is the wife's setting. I had to push memory seating 2 button. I was assuming it would know from the key to use memory 2 setting?

·
Registered
20 Posts
For each key fob, you get 2 memory settings as stored under 1 & 2 which not only include ur preferred seating positions but also the pre-set steering positions, side mirror positions & climate settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For each key fob, you get 2 memory settings as stored under 1 & 2 which not only include ur preferred seating positions but also the pre-set steering positions, side mirror positions & climate settings.

From the manual, I should be able to link one fob to memory 1 and 1 fob to memory 2 which I did, but still the seats don't adjust to the different fobs. I'm guessing it doesn't work like this but trying to confirm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In order to set the 1st memory setting under ‘1’ for ur 1st/preferred key fob, keep the 2nd/other key fob away from the car’s vicinity. Next, unlock ur car using the 1st key fob, start the car, play/move the seat, steering & side mirrors to ur preferred position. Now, press the ‘SET’ button, and within 6 seconds press ‘1’ to store the settings under ‘1’ after which you need to press the ‘UNLOCK’ button on ur key fob while the light is still blinking on ‘1’. Repeat the same steps for the 2nd position under ‘2’ for the same key fob.

Likewise, REPEAT for 2 more different memory settings under ‘1’ & ‘2’ for the 2nd key fob belonging to ur other better half.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try to follow those instructions, but I'm still trying to figure out if my wife drives the car and then I go to drive the car, can it figure out which seat position to use by the key fob or will I need to press a memory button?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes! it can definitely re-position the seat, steering wheel & side mirrors to the pre-configured memory settings under ‘1’ corresponding to the key fob used to UNLOCK the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I don't think I"m explaining myself correctly. I walk up to car with fob 1 and open the door, does the car know its fob 1 and automatically adjust the seat to fob 1 setting? Same when I walk up to the car with fob 2? Or regardless of which fob is used, do you always have to push one of the memory buttons to have the seat adjust?

Right now I cannot get it to do it automatically.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I walk up to car with fob 1 and open the door, does the car know its fob 1 and automatically adjust the seat to fob 1 setting? <snip>

Right now I cannot get it to do it automatically.
You must either push unlock button on fob or unlock button on door handle. The car will adjust to the seat position linked to the key fob.

Opening the door isn't what triggers the seat positioner, the unlock button (fob or door) is what triggers it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea tried that. It always uses wife setting. Can't get it to go to my setting without hitting button

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea tried that. It always uses wife setting. Can't get it to go to my setting without hitting button
Then you need to re-link your key to the memory position. If your wife is seat position 1, and it's linked to her key, then you need to link seat position 2 to your key.

There is incorrect info above ... the positioner only memorizes 2 positions. Each position can be linked to one key.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I linked each key to each position. It is on my selected station when I get in and I know my wife doesn't listen to that station.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I linked each key to each position. It is on my selected station when I get in and I know my wife doesn't listen to that station.
You're halfway there. Radio linking is separate from seat linking. Position the seat to position 2. Push set, then 2, then unlock on your key - in that order - all within a couple seconds. that will link the positioner to your key.

Now lock the door (either from handle or a key). when you push unlock from your key, the seat will move to your position.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
My first response:

Go see your salesperson and ask them to help you do this the right way. That's what you pay us for. If your salesperson can't/won't/didn't help with this - give them all "1's" on the survey from Infiniti.

The instructions you need are all above. But a bit confusing. Let me try to break it down a little more clearly in terms of 1,2,3 steps:

1) Leave one key in the house (out of proximity of the car) when you're programming the other one.
2) Lock, then unlock the car with the key you want to program.
3) Get in, start the car and then adjust all the things you want (heat/ac, seat, outside mirrors, radio stations).
4) On the door, Press "Set", then "1" (or "2) (not simultaneously - set, then a number).
5) Within a second or two, press the "unlock" button on your keyfob (the lit number button will likely flash).

That last step is what links the settings to the keyfob. Things that are remembered: AC settings, radio stations, driver seat position, and outside mirrors.

Now repeat with the other key (while the first one is not in proximity of the car).

If you unlock with your keyfob after this, it should go to your settings when you unlock and get in. If you use your wife's key, just open the door and press the number that corresponds to your settings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts