Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I just bought a 2014 Hybrid with about 49K miles and am getting used to the systems. At the moment I'm trying to program the keyfob to go to preferred audio settings depending on who is driving, but haven't had much luck yet. I know about how to program seat/steering wheel/mirror positioning but the manual indicates I should be able to execute a separate programming process for audio and climate. I'd love for that to include automatically looking for and pairing to the correct phone depending on who's driving but I'm not holding my breath.

thanks for any insight!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
It isn't a separate process. It just works slightly differently.

First, let's make sure you settings are tied to your key. Get in the car with just one keyfob, set the steering wheel, seat and side mirrors to your settings. On the door, press the "Set" button, then press the '1' or '2' button...within a couple seconds, press the unlock button on your keyfob. They number you pressed should flash and you'll hear a beep. Now you've synced that keyfob to settings number one or two. If you unlock with that keyfob, the seat, mirrors and steering wheel should go to your settings.

The radio and AC settings will also re-set to your settings. However, it determines what your settings are based on what you left them at the last time you drove. In other words, if you give your significant other your car, and he/she sets your AC to 80 degrees, it will remember 80 degrees the next time you get in. If you give him/her the spare keyfob, your settings will remain unaffected. Same for radio station presets.

Trivia: for some inexplicable reason, daylight savings settings also change from one user to another.

Reactions: MarengoMac

·
Registered
204 Posts
Trivia: for some inexplicable reason said:
Experienced it first hand this morning. I made DST change yesterday on my vehicle. This morning my wife remote started the car with her remote. We were dropping kids at school and I noticed time an hour ahead. Once I arrived at the school I used my fob to start and sure enough time was accurate. Funny how this minor thing slipped through QA testing ? or perphaps it was not possible to make universal change to both driver profiles.

·
Registered
2017 QX60
21 Posts
About that, I have noticed twice or may be thrice so far that my car didnt auto change the time to daylight savings. I had to do it manually each and every time. I also checked the settings and the daylight savings options is set. Not sure if this something that needs to be addressed by the dealer. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nope, that is how it works. DST function when you turn it off changes the clock time by one hour. If your key fobs are set to save your personal preferences to each fob,, then you will have to manually turn off the DST function for each fob. First world problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts