Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

Programing side view mirrors-QX60

11K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Paradox 
#1 ·
Can you automatically program the side view mirrors to fold in when you turn the engine off?

#7 ·
What annoys me more is the stupidity of how the current switch works. Went can't they have two switches: one for in, one for out and you simply push the one you want? That's how my previous truck did it and it makes sense. This three position thing is silly.

And most definitely a first world problem to the max!

#9 ·
If they made them fold in automatically then how would they update the mirrors to be even better on the next-generation model? I'm convinced there are plenty of extra little things they can do each time, but they save them up and release them strategically so that they always have something new up their sleeve.

#13 ·
^ yup.

Too bad they couldn't just update the logic for the center position of the switch through an update and have it act as automatic. If you don't want automatic, just leave the switch in the 'open' position.

#18 ·
The circuit for them could have just been linked to the same speed sensor that is used by the nav. If the car is in motion above a certain speed they won't close. But they do need to give the option to close them at low speeds for some people while in motion such as passing double parked vehicles or garbage trucks on narrow Brooklyn streets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.