Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a 2014,2015,2016 QX60 for my wife. What if any known / common issues should I be aware of? I recall the earlier versions of the current body Pathfinder had a lot of transmission issues with the CVT. Is this the same for the QX60? Has that all been resolved?

I'm also considering the hybrid model. However, I see that they are rare and hard to find. My wife will mostly be driving on surface streets to work and back about...7 miles to work. But, we do have a family of 6 and occasionally load up the car to go somewhere. We do have a 2011 Pilot and Odyssey to deal with the weekend family heavy-lifting....although considering getting rid of the Odyssey.

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
140 Posts
After owning my 2015 for 10 months, I am very happy with this QX60. The CVT which has been overly discredited in my view is very cool in that you glide along and don't feel the shift jerks like a normal transmission unless you are trying to speed up fast. Then the revs go up to 4,000 and you feel the software imitating a normal transmission. You can do mock shifts too which is kind of fun once in awhile.

The fit and finish is great, however, he MPG is not as good (by a couple of miles) than as advertised. Infiniti sends you a load of emails to get you hooked going to them for service.

The TCU hardware for the Infiniti Connection service (similar to GM's Onstar) had to be replaced in my QX60. The overall communication at the time I purchased the car and the rollout of the change from the 2G network to the new network is nothing short of incompetent but I think this issue will be going away after the conversion has been in place for a few more months.

I never had an Infiniti and as I bump into other owners I have yet to find someone who does not love their Infiniti.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make sure to test drive the 2016 model with your driver side window down. I've driven several and have experienced a very high pitched whine coming from the engine between 1500-2500 RPM. Very annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We love our 2016 Qx60. Our only gripe is the display screen. We didn't want to pay an extra $3,000 for navigation so we
Got a lower resolution screen and no nav. It looks like a 10 year old screen...sad looking. There is no Bluetooth audio streaming either!! Kind of Pathetic when a Kia has a more advanced display.
2017 models finally got the needed upgrade. All models come with a HD screen with Nav standard. I did get $7,800 off msrp so
I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
323 Posts
We love our 2016 Qx60. Our only gripe is the display screen. We didn't want to pay an extra $3,000 for navigation so we
Got a lower resolution screen and no nav. It looks like a 10 year old screen...sad looking. There is no Bluetooth audio streaming either!! Kind of Pathetic when a Kia has a more advanced display.
2017 models finally got the needed upgrade. All models come with a HD screen with Nav standard. I did get $7,800 off msrp so
I'm not complaining.
Smart move, you just saved yourself almost a years worth of deprecation in price of the vehicle overall, that's if your in for the short term, a few years, and not long term ownership. If long them then I usually recommend going for higher spec packages since long into the future used prices get quite aggressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts