Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very frustrated with the poor gas mileage on my QX 60. I am averaging on 12-15 MPG. At times on the Fuel Economy I am getting 8-9, around town. This just isn’t right. It’s at the dealership now for thirty day checkup. Has anyone else had problems and what are you averaging city and hwy?

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
That doesn't sound right at all. I'm averaging 20 mpg mixed driving since day one and 24 highway. My worst in city driving was 17 mpg.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2nd that, really terrible fuel economy~11mpg !!!
Also coming from a 2017_Qx6o_AWD currently @ 1,450 miles on the Odometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Something ain't right!

I am very frustrated with the poor gas mileage on my QX 60. I am averaging on 12-15 MPG. At times on the Fuel Economy I am getting 8-9, around town. This just isn’t right. It’s at the dealership now for thirty day checkup. Has anyone else had problems and what are you averaging city and hwy?

On my 2017 QX60 I have been averaging 23 combined and 27 highway.
I always drive in eco mode on the highway. But it sure is fun in sport mode...

Ed

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Either there's something wrong with the car, or there's something wrong with how you drive.

As I'm writing this, the snarky sarcastic part of me hopes you're the moron I was stuck behind yesterday who rests her left foot on the brake pedal. I'm willing to bet money that that lady complains about her car and how fast it goes through brakes and how bad the mileage is. I watched a person do this while test driving the other day. I asked her if that's how she was taught to drive (I know it wasn't because she learned on a manual). She said yes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That is mpg is abnormal, IMO. I had to admit that I have a lead foot and I averaged 19-20 on the highway in the QX60. I know she can do better if I drive less assertively. I tried Eco mode before and hated it so never touched that mode again ever.

Unless you live in mega cities like NY or LA with heavy stop and go driving. I used to live in NY for a number of years. I then drove the Infiniti FX35 and in NY, I only average 10-11 mpg with mixed city (mostly city) and a little highway driving. Having moved to Houston where I drive mostly highway, that mpg has improved to 19mpg on the same vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have a 2017 QX60 & I typically reset the intouch fuel economy screen at every gas fill up. If i do the math my car typically gives 19 - 21 MPG city driving, while in the MPG recorded on the Intouch screen is 10-12 MPG.

I've raised this with the dealership & they say it's normal & that every vehicle does that (hard to believe though)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I see that EVERYDAY driving from the East Bay into San Francisco... Makes me HAPPY when I see someone else call out other Morons! :)
As for MPG, I just got my 2017 AWD and have averaged about 19 combined.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I am having the same issue, 2017Infiniti QX60, at one point from Dec 17-Feb 18, we were only averaging11.9 miles per gallon and when the temperature started going up, mileageincreased to 13.7, beginning of April it became 15.9 and with over 60 degree outsidewe get about 18 something per gallon on local drive. We were fine at the firstthree months averaging about 20 something around city and highway. But itstarted going down since the Dec 2017, then I started noticing that when it'slow temperature outside, the transmission acts up weird, it get stuck on 4thspeed on 35 miles and the engine RPM stays at above 2000. I complained this tothe dealership I purchased the vehicle, plus another dealership closer to me.Both of them tells me that there is no error code, also the service manager inClarendon Hills keep saying that the low gas mileage is due to the gas mix withOxygenates. I understand that you lose 3-4 mile but not 10 miles. My BMW 535XI,still get the almost same mileage in winter and summer. One time I test drovethe vehicle with a technical, showed him how it acts up in cold temperature.They keep telling me this is how the CVT transmission works, I think that isfull of crap. Both dealers, they have the worst customer service (sameowner), once they sell the vehicle to you, their behavior changes. Ireally regret getting this brand new vehicle. My old Lexus GX470 was getting 14miles regardless if winter/summer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We’re getting much less mpg than advertised as well. If you using the onboard system to determine mileage it’s not even close to accurate. I always do mpg by hand and it’s been off as much as 5 mpg. Dealer tells my wife that computer just estimates mileage not actually calculates which is complete bullshit. I’ll take it in next time to see if they can reflash the computer. I should have stayed with Volvo!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sadly I’m going through the same thing with my 2015 QX60 with less than 28k miles on it. I have used a gas additive hoping it would help but it didn’t make a difference. I use cruise control every chance I get.
I average 13 in the city and 15-16 combined. I had a Highlander Hybrid right before I got this Infiniti and I averaged 25-28 combined ~ I do know how to drive gingerly I must admit I am very disappointed. ☹

Dealership says everything is fine~ If anyone has an suggestions I am all ears.

·
Registered
390 Posts
What brand gas have you been using? Sounds to me like you fuel injection system dirty, and the fuel is not atomizing properly. Take it a shop that can do a BCG fuel injection / fuel induction cleaning.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use Shell Premium or Chevron Premium and I never ride the brake and gas at the same time. I’m a 1 pedal driver. ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
2015 QX60 I have to admit after reading this thread, I have yet to do hand calculations on fuel mileage. I doubt that the car's number on the screen is EXACTLY correct, but I will assume it is probably accurate +/- .5 to 1 mpg. Close enough for me, to be honest. I tried eco mode for several tanks when I first bought mine. Also did several tanks consecutively with premium followed by several more tanks of low-grade. Literally zero discernible difference in the numbers on the dash screen. All tanks on eco mode were anywhere from 19.7 to 21 mpg. Ultimate average about 20.5 I would say. Then I switched to 'normal' mode. Did the same thing. Several tanks on premium, several more on low grade. Even then, zero difference in mileage when comparing octanes of fuel used. Also interestingly, zero difference that I could see between normal mode and eco mode. All of this being said, mileage in the 11 to 15mpg range seems really strange. I see this thread is pretty old. Did your mileage ever get better after you posted this? What was the outcome?

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st post here...traded in a paid off 2010 Murano SL AWD. (which i regret) smh. On 1/20 I picked up a 2020 AWD edition 30 obsidian black/black on 20" rims. Drove off the lot with 8 miles on it. I currently have 538 miles and have completely filled up the tank 3 times. Yesterday I topped off the tank with shell premium and the range showed 323 miles and within 19.2 miles the range dropped down to 244. The next morning when I started the car the range said 211?! I'm in NYC and its all mostly city driving in standard mode with the heat on and careful attention to throttle input. The car is nowhere close to achieving the 20 city as stated. These readouts are not making sense! I called the dealership and spoke to the person who sold me the car, he said to give it some more time during the break in period. Either the gauges are out of alignment or this car really is burning that much gas. Either way I'm regretting not going with the MDX sport hybrid. Only time will tell. I plan to bring it back to the dealership and have the techs look at it soon.
I'm curious to know what are other peoples fuel range on fill-ups?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would imagine after broken in a a bit may change, but even new i would think you should be high teens.
would also recommend doing a manual calculation to see what MPG you are really getting and if numbers low you can show that to the dealer

·
Registered
21 Posts
I personally don't rely on fuel gauge readings(number of miles). Not exactly sure how these calculations work but I have noticed these number varies all the time depending on how you parked the vehicle uphill or downhill. However, I am happy with my overall mileage on my car. I am getting 21 avg in city on hwy i didn't pay attention. I use premium fuel(93) and my drive mode is always standard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm gettin 15.09 MPG combined city and highway (50% and 50) on the 2019 QX60 coming from 23.5 MPG on my 2017 GMC Acadia, these are manually calculated on my Excel spreadsheet. I would never expect this low fuel economy. I'm really disappointed about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1st post here...traded in a paid off 2010 Murano SL AWD. (which i regret) smh. On 1/20 I picked up a 2020 AWD edition 30 obsidian black/black on 20" rims. Drove off the lot with 8 miles on it. I currently have 538 miles and have completely filled up the tank 3 times. Yesterday I topped off the tank with shell premium and the range showed 323 miles and within 19.2 miles the range dropped down to 244. The next morning when I started the car the range said 211?! I'm in NYC and its all mostly city driving in standard mode with the heat on and careful attention to throttle input. The car is nowhere close to achieving the 20 city as stated. These readouts are not making sense! I called the dealership and spoke to the person who sold me the car, he said to give it some more time during the break in period. Either the gauges are out of alignment or this car really is burning that much gas. Either way I'm regretting not going with the MDX sport hybrid. Only time will tell. I plan to bring it back to the dealership and have the techs look at it soon.
I'm curious to know what are other peoples fuel range on fill-ups?
I think the remaining miles that the computer indicates are not reliable, whit full tank it shows that I can run 300 Miles, but then when I refill at almost empty I only drove 260 miles. It is crazy and you can see how the remaining miles are going lower after you had used the first half of the tank

1 - 20 of 20 Posts