Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to store DVD into hard drive and than play it from there???
And is it possible to Play videos from USB? Format?

Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Absolutely. It's also a pain in the butt I find. The video format is very precise, with resolution restrictions that are quite limiting. Personally, I have not yet gotten this to work.

There are a few threads either here or on the JX35 forum about this. But the restrictions are listed in the manual.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all my videos in avi but doesn't play. So divx? And can I store it to hard drive and play it from there?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's is a good question. I do have a theater package in QX but not in GS350 I will also try to play from Flash Drive in my lexus. will let you know. (I think if it plays in GS it will also play in QX front screen on parking brakes of course )

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
do you have to have the home theater package to do this?
On the surface, this seems like a ridiculous question. But in fact, no, you don't need to have the Theater package to play videos. You can play them on the screen in the dashboard if you are so inclined. But the car needs to be in park with the parking brake on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is Divx the reason why I can't connect my iPad or iPhone 5 via USB to my factor DVD dual headrests? I'd like to be able to watch movies that I've downloaded from iTunes however it doesn't seem to work when I connect via USB or component cables.

Does this mean my only options for watching videos on the dual screens are either inserting a DVD or to somehow obtain a movie in the Divx format which probably isn't possible with Apple?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep, I tried that but couldn't get it to work. I have an iPhone 5 and iPad Air both of which use the lightning bolt cables. Apple doesn't make av cables for the lightning bolt cable but only for the older 30pin chargers. I went ahead and bought the adapter but it doesn't seem to work.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Did you plug it in using the RCA cables (yellow for video, white/red for stereo audio?). The USB is for iPhone power only--no video.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am having an issue with playing movies completely through on the usb stick. The videos will play but then stop after about 50-75 minutes every time. I'm going to talk to the dealer about it but in the mean time try breaking my movies up into 30 minute files and see if that helps. My 4 yr old gets pretty frustrated when her movie shuts off with 15 mins left...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had the car in for service and the techs replicated the problem with the video files skipping to the next title before the movie ended in my car and others on the lot. The case is still open so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please post the solution, I have a similar problem. After 30 minutes the movie starts to stall (long load time).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Will do, it is still an open item on the maintenance list for our QX60 at the dealer, I think they are waiting on the Nissan/Infiniti techs to come up with a solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can not play movie with usb sitkc

Yes, you can play videos from a USB stick. It works in my 2014 qx60, the format is divx. Personally, I format the videos in avi with the divx codec. If you want more details, let me know.
Hi
I have infiniti qx60. I change movie to format divx and place on my usb. Everytime, i place put the usb stick in usb port. The front monitor showed "check usb/ ipod". I want to watch movie in front monitor when i park my car. Please help, thank you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just a quick update, the dealer has done nothing to solve this issue. I have a friend who used to work at Nissan that put me in touch with some engineers at Nissan who told me they knew about the issue and want me to send them my usb drive so they can figure out what is going on. I'm going to send it in this week so we will see what happens. For 50k and as an advertised feature it should work. Also having the transmission issue, car is going in next week.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts