Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I want to Plasti Dip my Grill...has anyone tried this before? Easy to do? Was just gonna do the inside lines. Attached is an example before and after.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's not bad looking. Makes it look like the 2016. Are your wheels already plastic dipped?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it. Plastic dipping the chrome bars gives a floating impressing of the emblem similar to the 2016 model.

Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here it is...since its my first attempt, I probably did it too thin. I'll try to make it thicker next time if it starts to peel off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks really good! I'm planning on carbon fiber vinyl wrapping the black areas of the lower bumper lip,rear bumper molding, side door moldings near my rail board, and the black pieces around the 3rd brake light near the windshield this week.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks really good! I'm planning on carbon fiber vinyl wrapping the black areas of the lower bumper lip,rear bumper molding, side door moldings near my rail board, and the black pieces around the 3rd brake light near the windshield this week.
Cant wait to see it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here we go...the size was too big so i couldnt upload it yesterday.
Whoa. I gotta tell you, that came out better than I expected. GREAT JOB!
Now I want to do this but afraid of the paint peeling later on. But ****(dang) it looks great.

·
Registered
323 Posts
That looks so good it looks OEM which to me is a good thing because too many people (not here) do things to their vehicles that look like an after thought and not like something that complements the vehicle

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just took it for its first car wash and its still in tact LOL!!

Also Soccer Dad..its not paint..its PlastDip so its an easy fix.

Sorry about that. I had the misconception that it was regular paint. Never knew its like vinyl wrapping but spray on. Cool tech. I wonder if there's a carbon-fiber look options? I want the entire front-end, mirror cap, hood, protected. Call it a poor-man clear front end protection :) J/k

But awesome work.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just took it for its first car wash and its still in tact LOL!!

Also Soccer Dad..its not paint..its PlastDip so its an easy fix.
Sorry to bring this one up from the dead, but saw this last night and it's great. Love it. I have the same exact car as yours, down to the crossbars and running board. I've been wanting to go black rims and black grill, and your car looks excellent.

If you're still around and can see this, how is the plasti dip grill a year later? How about the powder coat on the rims? I had plasti-dipped rims on one of my prior cars, not sure if I liked it enough to do that or pay for powder coating...

Would like to hear your thoughts a year later. Any warnings or suggestions?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts