Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

My husband and I just leased a 2015 qx60 and we are picking up Friday. The only car they had in color I wanted did not have the blind spot technology on this and I am now doubting that I will be able to see a car when it is dark on my passenger side when I am driving..I test drove car in daylight but I am concerned with the evening..any feedback especially from the women who drive this car?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone

My husband and I just leased a 2015 qx60 and we are picking up Friday. The only car they had in color I wanted did not have the blind spot technology on this and I am now doubting that I will be able to see a car when it is dark on my passenger side when I am driving..I test drove car in daylight but I am concerned with the evening..any feedback especially from the women who drive this car?

Thanks
I would say take a test drive in the car at night before signing the papers. I don't have any issues nor does my wife with this, as we are used to driving a bigger SUV previously.

We have the blindspot technology now. Although we did not have it before on our previous car. We do use it now and are more comfortable and aware now that we have it. But if you are concerned I think this is going to be based on your own comfort level.

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's impossible to see around the vehicle especially with the 3rd-row seats up. My wife loves the blind-spot monitoring, and was her primary option when buying ours. She read too many stories of people accidentally backing over children. It only takes one incident to ruin your life.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's impossible to see around the vehicle especially with the 3rd-row seats up. My wife loves the blind-spot monitoring, and was her primary option when buying ours. She read too many stories of people accidentally backing over children. It only takes one incident to ruin your life.
+1 It is impossible to see around the vehicle. And I forgot about the 3rd row aspect. When I first test drove the QX. I was very surprised how little you could actually see in the rear view mirror or even turned around.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I won't ever buy another car without it. I still look over my shoulder when changing lanes and usually can see most of the blind spot regions. You may want to see if you can test drive a model with it, and if you see it makes a difference and see if your dealership can find you another model with the option.

When we purchased the JX, the fully loaded car we wanted was 3,000 miles away. Our dealership cut a deal with the dealership back east and shipped it to us at their expense. Our dealership took in our trade and then provided us with a brand new loaner vehicle while we waited (it was a fully loaded QX56) for our car to arrive. It was worth the wait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone I think I already signed for it :grin: I'm supposed to pick up tomorrow but I just left a VM for the salesman .. Question does anyone know if this can be installed after ? Or does the factory have to install ? I'll keep u posted

·
Registered
295 Posts
I won't ever buy another car without it. I still look over my shoulder when changing lanes and usually can see most of the blind spot regions. You may want to see if you can test drive a model with it, and if you see it makes a difference and see if your dealership can find you another model with the option.

When we purchased the JX, the fully loaded car we wanted was 3,000 miles away. Our dealership cut a deal with the dealership back east and shipped it to us at their expense. Our dealership took in our trade and then provided us with a brand new loaner vehicle while we waited (it was a fully loaded QX56) for our car to arrive. It was worth the wait.
I agree, it's always a win to have this along with using your own eyes as you would with the tech not present.

Even better for those with a family to haul around, more aids with the increase of distractions gives you the advantage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only time I have an issue seeing out is with the third row headrests up. Otherwise I dont think you'll have a problem seeing outside the passenger area. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone

Thanks
Congrats on getting the new QX-60...I'm sure you'll love it. These cars have small mirrors so I'm sure the blind spot technology will help out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts