Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2014 QX60 and prefer using Siri to the native phone features. Has anyone found a good phone mount to use in this model? The one I had previously that worked in the CD slot does not fit properly.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I use this one as it has several options - air vent/dash mount/windshield. It works really well for the vents (although I don't leave it there all the time because it's hot in Texas!). But mount holds the phone securely and I love the quick release at the back.

This is very similar to the one I'm using on the QX60. Used it previously on the Camry and my wife is also using it on her Escape. Great features for the price. All three uses were mounted on windshield, but can be mounted differently.

I can't post links yet, but this is the Amazon description for the one I got:

Z-Edge 3 in 1 Universal Cell Phone Car Mount Cradle Holder

Like I said, very similar to what justafew linked to.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I use the Proclip one (Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts*-*ProClip USA) in my Q50. I love it because it is custom fit and doesn't block vents. But the one they make for the QX60 blocks the center vents. At that point, I'd just as soon get one that clips to vents - I've seen lots of those in QX60's and they seem to work OK.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use a magnetic mount like this: [link] (magnet on the mount pad, with metal plate inside between my phone and phone case)

I place it behind and to the left of the shifter (my iphone 7 plus ends up sitting just under the audio power knob... nothing blocked).

I really like this setup because I can quickly place it on the mount or grab 'n go without having to fiddle with any clamps.

Also, sometimes I place the phone (landscape orientation) right on the dashboard, blocking the tachometer. the dashboard frame bottom center part has a slight flex that allows me to slide in the corner of the phone, just enough to keep it from falling out (might not work if your phone case is too thick). It's like the phone nav is built into the dashboard! and I can use siri voice commands to switch between Waze and text (voice to text).

*sorry, I'd take a pic with my phone, but then my phone wouldn't be in the pic:D

I hope this helps.
-Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts