Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have 2014 infiniti QX60. I am not able to access the phone book while vehicle is running. when vehicle is stopped i works fine. it disables the phonebook while driving. is there any workaround or am i missing any settings?
Please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
That sounds like a safety precaution like a lot of other functions which are disabled while driving. You can get a speed bypass, which I have, but that can turn things dangerous.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks NemoEsq for your reply.

I have been using this feature in my all of the car. they do disable Navigation input but none of car disable phonebook access. Has anyone using 2014 infiniti QX60 Please confirm same behavior?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I tested this for you while driving home. The phonebook and direct dial are disabled while driving. If I enable the speed bypass they are enabled instantly, just like when you stop the car. So it seems like you should not be able to access those while driving. However while driving I could access Quick Dial and Call History and I was even able to select a prior call and call back.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Why not just use voice commands to make calls? Its a lot safer (hence disabling screen lookup while driving).

Press the voice command button and say "Call Firstname Lastname". Works fine in my car.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Because in this car it's infuriating. It doesn't do a great job at picking up names with my accent and then sometimes I have to say dial person name then say the number that hopefully corresponds with the name I said then it gives me options for multiple numbers so again say 1 or 2 to pick. Just annoying. It's not implemented well in my experience.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts