Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI:
The check engine light on my 2013 JX35 with 105,000 miles came on. I was able to read it as a P0101 “mass or volume air flow Sensor A circuit range/performance”.
Tried a reset using my Automatic OBDI sensor, but code came back.
Took the vehicle to my dealer who was able to clear code and not have it come back by reprogramming the ECM.
$165.00

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm curious, why didn't they just replace the sensor? Doesn't that mean it is not measuring the airflow flow efficiently due to age? Sounds like they recalibrated it, but I would think it's still not measuring the airflow efficiently, so you fuel air mixture is going to be off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might have a point there.
I just went with their recommendation.
My vehicle did pass its next Illinois emissions test and code has not come back.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well as long as you don't notice a large decrease in fuel efficiency, the engine runs and idles smoothly, and it passed an emissions test...then it isn't a problem. It's totally plausible a recal corrected the issue.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I don't think dealerships can randomly reprogram select ECM features. I wonder if they updated the ECM with the latest patch/version.

I also have the 2013 and my ECM hasn't been updated in years. I wish they'd give free ECM updates, not sure it's worth $165 unless I have a problem.

My engine light also came on for a few days during a recent roundtrip, then went away. I need to get an ODBI to read the warning maybe it's the same issue you ran into and simply needs an ECM update. Thanks for sharing your details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI:
The check engine light on my 2013 JX35 with 105,000 miles came on. I was able to read it as a P0101 “mass or volume air flow Sensor A circuit range/performance”.
Tried a reset using my Automatic OBDI sensor, but code came back.
Took the vehicle to my dealer who was able to clear code and not have it come back by reprogramming the ECM.
$165.00
Hello, I bought a 2017 q60 back in November, unfortunately no more warranty. A couple weeks after I bought it I got the engine light and the blind spot and front sensor malfunction with multiple codes, this happened few times. The dealership said it was the engine harness, which got replaced in January, not cheap. Now, I am getting p101 and the same blind spot and front sensor malfunction. Same symptoms, no acceleration, I turn off the car, turn back on and normal. A few weeks ago there was a recall to reprogram the ECM, they did this in February. Is it possible this p0101 is due to the ECM programming? What is the relationship between this code which is the maf sensor and the blind spot and front sensor? I will take my car to the dealership again, unfortunately the closest one is an hour away from my town and I don’t have any warranty.
I believed in infiniti, I have a 2003 g35, with 300k miles and still runs strong, better than my new car!
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I bought a 2017 q60 back in November, unfortunately no more warranty. A couple weeks after I bought it I got the engine light and the blind spot and front sensor malfunction with multiple codes, this happened few times. The dealership said it was the engine harness, which got replaced in January, not cheap. Now, I am getting p101 and the same blind spot and front sensor malfunction. Same symptoms, no acceleration, I turn off the car, turn back on and normal. A few weeks ago there was a recall to reprogram the ECM, they did this in February. Is it possible this p0101 is due to the ECM programming? What is the relationship between this code which is the maf sensor and the blind spot and front sensor? I will take my car to the dealership again, unfortunately the closest one is an hour away from my town and I don’t have any warranty.
I believed in infiniti, I have a 2003 g35, with 300k miles and still runs strong, better than my new car!
Thanks in advance!
We have had THE EXACT SAME ISSUE with our 2015 Qx60 this past week. The Check Engine Light occasionally popped up, as well as the BSM and BCI Malfunction Warning. But After turning the car on and off, it goes away. It has been happening once a week for the last month. Now we have code for the Mass Air Flow Sensor. Once we replaced it, the entire car vibrates violently between 1500-2000 rpms under light acceleration and the check engine light remains on. We put the old one back on to see if it would go back to normal, but now the car still vibrates when it never did in the first place even when the original Mass Air Flow Sensor was in place. I do not know if our mechanic did something wrong or mis-diagnosed it, but he did not perform any sort of resets or programming besides clearing the codes. So I do not know what to do at this point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts