Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
How deep into customization can you get into while still under manufacturer warranty? I just bought a 14 QX60 from Sewell with 6,500 miles on it.
Anything that will not cause your vehicle to wear and tear faster. For instance, tint, wheels, running boards, etc. Once you start getting into things such as coilovers or performance parts, there can be a fine line of what is allowed. What specifically are you trying to do is the better question?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything that will not cause your vehicle to wear and tear faster. For instance, tint, wheels, running boards, etc. Once you start getting into things such as coilovers or performance parts, there can be a fine line of what is allowed. What specifically are you trying to do is the better question?
My main focus was going to be appearance. I want to add Headrest Units, replace all the interior lights w/ LEDs, add side step running boards, and either use Vinyl or Plasti Dip for the exterior trim and badges. My main concern would be when it comes to adding aftermarket audio/video.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
In the meantime, every time you go in to the dealer for service, make sure you give your service adviser all 10's on the survey you get afterward. That way he'll be way more inclined to go to bat for you out if/when something comes up that might be borderline.

·
Registered
698 Posts
In the meantime, every time you go in to the dealer for service, make sure you give your service adviser all 10's on the survey you get afterward. That way he'll be way more inclined to go to bat for you out if/when something comes up that might be borderline.
I hate those surveys. I'm reminded to to give the advisor a good score every visit. I even get the sob story about how it impacts their pay unless they get perfect scores. Not just one, but multiple service advisors.

When I do give poor scores and wish to remain anonymous, I get calls from the dealership about why ranked them poorly. Then the adviser tells me I should call them directly rather than filling out the survey, and again reminded of the sob pay story.

It's obvious they don't read the comments or they'd know why I ranked them poorly. Happens all the time, feels like a show to make me think the surveys are helpful, but nothing changes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I hate those surveys. I'm reminded to to give the advisor a good score every visit. I even get the sob story about how it impacts their pay unless they get perfect scores. Not just one, but multiple service advisors.

When I do give poor scores and wish to remain anonymous, I get calls from the dealership about why ranked them poorly. Then the adviser tells me I should call them directly rather than filling out the survey, and again reminded of the sob pay story.

It's obvious they don't read the comments or they'd know why I ranked them poorly. Happens all the time, feels like a show to make me think the surveys are helpful, but nothing changes.
Surveys are actually huge for both service and sales. We are in a time where reviews are the key to making a business successful, and if we do not achieve certain averages, we do lose out on a lot of money. Now, I am not sure how your local dealership is service or sales wise, so they may deserve a low score. Just keep that in mind. As for them calling you and asking why you gave them low scores, I cannot address that issue because it is not something that I personally do. But if you do give them good scores, they will help you a lot more I will tell you that.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you want to play it safe, don't take your modified vehicle into the dealer for servicing, instead go to an independent shop.

Mods you can do are anything that can be undone easily, so when they are removed it seems as if nothing was changed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
None of the things you mention should pose any problem for warranty except maybe the dip if you have any paint/body issues in those areas. I've changed out for leds for ten years, now, in serveral cars and had no issues with warranty issues on any of them.

The rules are simply that unless they can demonstrate your modification could have caused the issue, it's covered under warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts