Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ground illumination welcome lighting only comes on when you approach the car or unlock it from a cold start. It does not come on when exiting the car after parking, which would be nice. The illuminated kick plates are wired to come on with the interior dome lights and will turn on when you approach the car / unlock the car AND when exiting the car. Is it safe to wire the ground illumination welcome lights with the illuminated kickplates? Attached is the wiring diagram.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I just checked with one of our techs. Yes, no problem using the IKP power for welcome lighting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for your response

I re-wired it with the illuminated kick plates and now the ground welcome lighting turns on/off with the dome lights and the exterior door handle lights.
I like this a lot more because now the ground welcome lighting will come on when I exit the car and whenever I use the keyless entry.

The interior lights / kickplates / welcome lights are all on the same fuse/circuit anyway, and looking at the wiring diagram for the welcome lighting control module, it looks like it was drawing power from the illuminated kick plates anyway and the control module was just turning the welcome light off and keeping it off after the car stops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts