Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't think that exists? All I've seen is the illuminated kick plates, but that's on the inside of the car where the Infiniti sign lights up. I didn't have it on my first QX60 but now that I "upgraded" to a fully loaded QX60 (same year but all features, lower miles and CPO) I do have it and it's nice. But it doesn't light up the running boards.

By the way, for anyone interested - I've now had a loaner from the dealer with the OEM running boards and have the aftermarket ones on my car that I mentioned before. When I traded in my old one for this one, part of the deal I got them to transfer the aftermarket running boards. They did a better install job at the dealer than Pep Boys did, so it fits a little nicer, but it still sticks out more than the OEM and the OEM ones are rounder on the edges. Still, I think they're a great deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@admin, permission to post here since im not a qx60 owner but pathfinder, pretty sure that the oem running boards for 2017 qx60 is the same as for 2017 pathfinder, not much info on pathfindertalk re oem running boards @singyeah, planning on getting oem running boards for the 2017 PF, according to the installation manual, you have to remove the factory lower parting seal, just wanna ask why and is it really necessary? TIA

·
Registered
21 Posts
according to the installation manual, you have to remove the factory lower parting seal, just wanna ask why and is it really necessary? TIA
I couldn't find any physical difference between the two. If I had to do it again, I'd leave them on and save the new ones for a rainy day. Especially since that was the most time consuming part of the whole install.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealer is charging around 850$ for installing running boards. I am trying to figure out if I should ask him to reduce the price by 850 and install the boards on my own.

Amazon has a board (DX16201 - 230) and bracket (DZ16253 - 115.26) with an optional service option of $170. Brings the total to 515. Apparently, the TAC boards are not a good for the 2018 QX60 although I am told they are very similar to the 2015s. Has anyone had a chance to use these boards and Amazon's service option?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I didn't like aftermarket options, personally. I bought the OEM running boards on sale for ~550. Install was easy. Is the $300 worth it to you?
Dealer is charging around 850$ for installing running boards. I am trying to figure out if I should ask him to reduce the price by 850 and install the boards on my own.

Amazon has a board (DX16201 - 230) and bracket (DZ16253 - 115.26) with an optional service option of $170. Brings the total to 515. Apparently, the TAC boards are not a good for the 2018 QX60 although I am told they are very similar to the 2015s. Has anyone had a chance to use these boards and Amazon's service option?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just wanted to add my two cents. My aftermarket running boards look better and in my opinion, are more functional than the OEM ones. I say that after having owned these aftermarket ones for a year now and having spent time in three dealer loaners with OEM boards, the last one being a straight two week stint in a 2017 with OEM running boards. The OEM ones are rounder, which don't make a lot of sense given the design of the car, and because of their overly rounded edges, you actually lose real estate for stepping up and down. This was noticeable when my son was having difficulty going up the OEM ones (he somewhat crawls up them at this stage - very independent 2.5 year old) when he has no problem with my aftermarkets.

So my point is don't know the aftermarkets simply because they're not OEM. There may be benefits to them beyond cost saving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This was noticeable when my son was having difficulty going up the OEM ones (he somewhat crawls up them at this stage - very independent 2.5 year old) when he has no problem with my aftermarkets.

So my point is don't know the aftermarkets simply because they're not OEM. There may be benefits to them beyond cost saving.

Funny you mention that because I've of the reasons I went with the factory ones was because my 2 year old instantly disappeared into the qx60 in the showroom which had them lol

Shape aside, I just wanted something that was designed to fit on the car and didn't require me to fabricate anything. These days, you never know what you will get if you go with an aftermarket solution. I installed mine in about thirty minutes with no fitment issues.

Also, being in the rust belt, anything that goes on the outside of the car is going to dissolve. I expect a factory component will outlast most aftermarket pieces. Again, not saying that this is always the case, but that has been my experience. Time will tell how the factory boards hold up.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think that's the same one I have. Car looks great. Interesting choice keeping the center caps chrome on the black rims. I went full black including calipers and rotors.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice. Did you paint the actual calipers themselves, or did you install caliper covers? I am looking at upgrading to 20 or 22 inch wheels for summer, and would definitely want to get a pop of color on the calipers. Unfortunately the edges of the rotors have some surface rust which would look terrible with the new wheels, so I may opt to replace the rotors. Are there any rust-proof rotors out there? Haha...

·
Registered
250 Posts
I went old school and cheap and painted the calipers and rotors with black high temperature wheel paint myself... something I've done to multiple cars. Worked ok. The point was to "hide" them behind the black rims. If you're going for color you might want caliper covers or better rotors and calipers but that wasn't my goal.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all...just got a 2018 QX60. Bought aftermarket rails to install When I was going to install I notice I have the welcome lights led strip under there. Has any one had that issue? They are right where the brackets get installed.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2018 AWD
23 Posts
That looks great! I like how the trim of the door cover the board a bit when the door is shut. It doesn't stick out too much making me feel I will mis-step a lot. I wished it sticked out an inch more or so.

Was the thread for the mounting holes M12x1.25? How many bolts was there? Can you post a picture where they're located on the car? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I am wondering if installing any running boards causes issues when trying to jackup the QX60 with the factory scissor jack? When I looked at a QX60 with these running board installed, it seemed the notches for the jacking point were covered by the running board. Did anyone ever experienced any issues while using scissor jacks?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts