·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
That's sold as an Infiniti part? Apparently I haven't been paying attention lately. I keep telling customers to go aftermarket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep, i saw it on the Infiniti site when i was shopping for the QX60 and it's been showing late availability.
But I guess it's in dealers now, I pick up mine from the Stevens Creek dealer.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Great pics, thanks.

I've held off getting running boards because I thought the back of your legs/pants get dirty while sliding out of the vehicle (rub the dirty running boards). Does anyone that has running boards have this problem, or is this in my head?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is great... We are definitely looking for a running board especially for my wife and kid.

The chrome on your board looks much shorter than the OEM pic ... can you upload a photo of the entire car??

OEM: infinitiusa.com/st/infiniti/images/assets/2017/x6/accessories/695x325/17TDI_QX60a001.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for this. Is the finish chrome like the scent piece on the side or is it a brushed stainless look?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here I took a photo from the same angle as the oem pic and as viewed from the side of the front and rear of the running board for comparison. The running board doesn't touch the splash guards, there's a good size gap between them. And the ends are not chrome, it's matte black. That's probably why it looks short in some pics.
This is great... We are definitely looking for a running board especially for my wife and kid.

The chrome on your board looks much shorter than the OEM pic ... can you upload a photo of the entire car??

OEM: infinitiusa.com/st/infiniti/images/assets/2017/x6/accessories/695x325/17TDI_QX60a001.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
We just got in a QX60 with them installed. I'll try to take some pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks great on the 2017. Bought a set for my 2015 QX60 and had to return them. Bracket would not fit. Does anyone know if there is a company that can custom make the bracket for these OEM running boards to fit the 2015 model, without drilling?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Looks great. Wish I could get stock for my 2014. Looking to do this soon for mine, as my mother in law is having a terrible time getting into my car (and I actually quite like her, enough that we moved her and my father in law with us since they're getting on in years).

If not OEM, what's the next best thing? There are so many options on Amazon, I don't know what's best.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Why would you go through the trouble of getting a custom made bracket rather than buying aftermarket running boards that fit natively?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great pics, thanks.

I've held off getting running boards because I thought the back of your legs/pants get dirty while sliding out of the vehicle (rub the dirty running boards). Does anyone that has running boards have this problem, or is this in my head?
Installed a aftermarket one on my 2017. took me 4hours working by myself, and had to grind 4 L-bolts that they supplied. 5.5" wide. Pushed all the way back. It does rub the back of the pants a bit if you don't plan on using it, but just a tiny bit. I believe the OEM would do the same. But if using it to step up and down. No problem at all.

I got this one:
https://www.amazon.com/TAC-2013-201...42&sr=1-1&keywords=infiniti+tac+running+board

·
Registered
36 Posts
has anyone seen the running board LED kit? i swear i saw one on the Infiniti website somewhere.. but now i can't find it... it hooked up to the welcome lights... any thoughts?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts