Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a new qx60 hybrid we can hear the gas (we think) sloshing around in the tank it is quit loud the is the first tank of gas we have put in it. It is about half full as anyone had this happen to them? It is at the dealer now 2 days so far it only gets about 17 MPG they are trying to figure that out also. Not what we hoped for when we bought this car so far not so good

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have not heard of this issue before, but is interesting to hear about it, so let us know how it plays out. Also, how many miles do you have on it? Most people see a good bump at about 1000 miles after the transmission has learned your driving. There is also tricks to getting this gas mileage, so play around with drive modes, and try to keep the RPM range low when accelerating. I do not know how you drive, but you will not get that mileage if you are a "spirited driver" like myself. So that is something to take into consideration as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have 500 miles on it it is my wife's car she drives like an old lady

I did get a call from the dealer today the sloshing noise was the spare tire moving around they put a hitch on it 2 weeks ago and didn't put it back right.
they said they did a hard boot on the fuel computer they said it was not set right pick it up tomorrow we will see

·
Registered
225 Posts
Keep in mind that if your drive around with the climate control system on, you will be lucky to get 20 mpg in the city with this thing. Search and you will find several threads on this here and elsewhere.

I have the hybrid, too, and it's a great car, but due to the design of the hybrid system, you will not see 25+ mpg unless you make an effort to do so. Just the way it is (I have done a 10 mile trip at over 33 mpg. I worked at it just to see how much I could push it. My average over the first 6300 miles is about 21 mpg, however.)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I hope everything works out for you. I don't understand how a spare tire can make a sloshing noise.

You should definitely be getting better fuel efficiency though. If that doesn't happen then you should be able to get Infiniti to do something about it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
There are SO many variables that can reduce MPG, a trip to the dealership is most often unnecessary. A/c use, short trips, elevation, tire pressures and more can reduce MPG. Also, in this vehicle it will increase a bit after 3000-4000 miles but honestly not leaps and bounds. Quite simply it's too simple a hybrid system with too small a battery and too small and electric motor. I'd save my time running to the dealership unless time is something you have a lot of to spare.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Even how clean or dirty you car is can affect it. If it's super clean, waxed, as a smooth surface...it will be much easier for it to cut through air = less wind resistance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 14 QX60 non hybrid and notices the same noise in the gas tank once I fill it up. Once I come to a stop I can hear the sloshing of the gas. Is that normal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts