Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noise comes from rear passenger side of car driven @ 60ty on freeway. Sounds like something is flapping against the body of the vehicle. It happen once before when vehicle was under Bumper to bumper warranty. Infiniti repair it. Contact Infiniti request the repair voucher. No assistance. Help

·
Registered
475 Posts
There is a mud flap that is forward of the rear tires, that has a plastic push pin fastener that can come out. When it does, the wind causes it to vibrate against the frame. You need to go to a Infiniti or Nissan dealer and purchase a replacement fastener and install it to secure the flap. The fastener costs ~$1. Here's the picture of mine with the fastener missing (top right corner...Note: the picture needs to be rotated clockwise 90 deg)

·
Registered
22 Posts
It looks like this is a known issue with the QX60. I had this issue when I purchased my QX60 and took it to the dealer. Service tech immediately knew what it was and secured the mudflaps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow! I had the exact same weird flapping sound coming from the back passenger side seats. Dealer knew exactly what it was. Getting it fixed later this week.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I checked both mudflaps on my 15, and both clips were gone. Luckily I have a stash of nylon pushpins etc. that worked. It appears that lnfiniti listened to these complaints because I don’t know when they made the change, but there’s no more nylon clip holding it in it’s a nut.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I had the same noise and the dealership replaced the mudflap pin. The noise returned and we couldn't figure out where it was coming from. The technician found that the roof rail mount was loose and when he tightened all four sides down, the noise magically disappeared. I would have sworn the noise was coming from the lower right side but it was actually the upper right side that was pretty loose. I would have never found it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts