Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm new to the forum, apologies for a long post, but want to give the full picture.
I'm wondering if anyone can help me, give suggestions, etc...
I purchased '22 QX60 Autograph, FWD in January. (Moonbow Blue - gorgeous!). BIG PROBLEM though: I am being told that there is no tow hitch package for the front wheel drive, no after market options, nothing. My dealer called Nissan World/Parts Consultants and was told that ONLY way to get a hitch on the Autograph was to buy the All Wheet Drive. What the heck?!
  • You have probably seen all the reviews talking about the AWD tow rating of 6,000 lbs and the FWD rating of 3,500. If you cannot get any hitch on the FWD, why would Infiniti be selling its FWD tow capacity?
  • On the Infiniti build site, specifically under the Autograph FWD section, you can purchase several hitch-mounted bike racks. If you can't get a hitch for the FWD, why are they selling these products?
  • On the Infiniti Parts site, a hitch for the 2022 is listed, but says not compatible with the motion lift gate - but that is a standard feature, so seemingly no one could use the hitch they list. I asked dealers about this and they said it just won't work (even if I got rid of the motion gate feature)
  • I've taken it to 2 after-market hitch shops - the techs said they can't see anyway to mount a hitch.

I spoke with 20+ dealers while shopping for this car, all confirmed the 3,500# rating for the FWD. Not a single one ever suggested that there is no hitch available for the FWD.
How can Infiniti make an SUV that can't have a hitch?

Has anyone run into this issue? Has anyone resolved it? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I wondered the same thing, even posted this link on this site asking the same question because Infiniti does NOT make it clear only AWD versions are eligibile for hitches.

At this time you’re not able to buy a factory/dealer installed hitch because of the lame AWD-Only requirement. It shouldn’t matter FWD vs AWD, but it may have something to do with the way it’s engineered (I’m only guessing).

I hope you find an aftermarket hitch that you like. They’re just as good (but will look different).

BTW, I wonder if a hitch from the previous gen QX60 will fit??? Something to consider.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wondered the same thing, even posted this link on this site asking the same question because Infiniti does NOT make it clear only AWD versions are eligibile for hitches.

At this time you’re not able to buy a factory/dealer installed hitch because of the lame AWD-Only requirement. It shouldn’t matter FWD vs AWD, but it may have something to do with the way it’s engineered (I’m only guessing).

I hope you find an aftermarket hitch that you like. They’re just as good (but will look different).

BTW, I wonder if a hitch from the previous gen QX60 will fit??? Something to consider.
Thanks yeller,
Unfortunately there is seemingly no AFTER MARKET hitch either. I've called numerous hitch shops - they all say there is nothing. That didn't seem right so I took it to 2 shops so the techs could see it. Both said there's no place they could attached it to. Uhaul offered to fabricate something - but that sounds sketchy.

This is major issue. I need a hitch and would have never bought the car knowing it could not have a hitch installed. (again I'll mention that you can buy hitch-mounted accessories from INFINITI for the FWD but can't get a hitch in the first place. What the ?!?!)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Did you ask about the hitch when you purchased and were told by the salesman it was a dealer installed assessory? If that’s the case you were mislead and my have legal recourse. If you assumed, well to be blunt, you’re SOL. Perhaps they will they will work a deal to get you in an AWD QX60 for minimum out of pocket expense. The a QX60 is still scarce so you will get top dollar for it…but you who still lose money on the deal. Better act fast though, the FED just raised interest rates another .75 pts today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts