Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting that I went to build a QX60 Hybrid and they have taken it off the site.
So I have to assume that they are either removing the Hybrid from the lineup or retooling and not able to take new orders.
What do you think ?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just now I went to Infiniti's website and the first splash screen advertised the qx60 hybrid. I think whatever problem you saw was temporary.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thank you, you are correct that the international site shows the Hybrid splash screen at Infiniti - Official Worldwide Site , however as soon as you go to the US site as directed, all references are gone Infiniti USA | Luxury Sedans, Hybrids, SUVs and Crossovers . I guess it is a wait and see situation. Too bad in some ways since I had planned to order one in the next week or 2.
Infiniti discontinued the Hybrid for now. We were told this last week. You can still find some 2015's around, as well as some 2014's, but you will not be able to custom order one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I love mine. The biggest complaint is that the difference in MPG between it and the gas-only model is small (or non-existent). It's a "light" hybrid in that you cannot drive in EV mode. If you give it any gas (or even let off the brake, while standing still or going slowly) the IC engine will kick in in preparation for acceleration. It will also keep the IC engine on, almost always, when running the climate control system as the components are all driven off the IC engine.

It's a really strange set up if you are used to "true" hybrids like Toyota/Lexus have, but it does allow for a huge amount of passenger and cargo space due to much smaller batteries.

There is nothing "wrong" with it, however. It's a great car if you just drive it and not worry about such things.

Seems Nissan has gotten out of the SUV hybrid, too... no more Pathfinder, either.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I bet they discontinued the hybrid because the MPG didn't pan out and the margins were none or negative. Hybrid vehicles are overly complicated to support two powerplants.

Hopefully they're able to redesign it to get 40+ MPG or swap for a diesel.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
The hybrid doesn't sell very well. It is a $3000 premium for 5mpg gain. In pure dollars, that takes a while to pencil. I've driven both hybrid and gasser on the same trip with the same load and proven that I did get the mpg gain. But again, it would take a while at $4-5/gal to pay off. So it has really only sold in markets where there's intangible value in having 'hybrid' stamped on the side of your car. Our dealership is one of the few around with any in stock. We have a decent selection still. If you want one, I'd be happy to sell you one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts