Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

While I browsing the net, I found myself in your forum. Then I said to myself that I won't get a better feedback and advice except from the real owners of QX60 as you.

Actually, I'm about to buy 2013 JX35. I know you are QX60 people, however, my budget fits buying the 2013 model. I heard and read about CVT transmission problems, shudder,...etc. So my question now, do you recommend buying the first model of QX60, the 2013? or start with the ones after?

Right now I'm thinking to get one of these two cars (Both 2013):

1- 87000km with no warrenty left on it. Has Theater package, 360 camera, and 20" wheels

2- 56000km with one month left on warranty with fully loaded, I mean Tech package. ( what I hate about it, it was full of dog hair).

Which one will you go for, and do you recommend getting or buying an extended warranty ?

Thx....

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I have one of the first JX35s. Its fully loaded and has been a fantastic car. No problem with the shutter issue which some experienced with the QX60. They changed the transmission the following year and did have problems, which mostly was taken care of under warranty.

I'm at 50K miles which have been trouble free. I love the car and will more than likely keep it past the 120K warranty. If the one you are looking at with 56K, see if you can get an extended warranty. Sounds like its a loaded model. By far, I would have regretted not buying a fully loaded JX. I love the technology. And for 50K miles, it still runs, looks and feels like a new car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We bought a '13 loaded minus the touring package. It had around 67000 miles on it. My wife loves it. Unfortunately I didn't realize the transmission had problems I until after we bought it. Fortunately we don't have problems with it. It really is a great car with great curb appeal. We have white which I think is the best color on them. The motor is one of the smoothest I've felt.
Can't help you on the warranty aspect. I figure I'll just pony up the money if the tranny go south to have it rebuilt. We keep cars for 9-10 years so no extended warranty would help us. Good thing is more of these are on the road so the salvage yards are bound to get a few someday.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Generically, I like when there is a short factory warranty left when buying a used car. This will give you a few weeks to make sure nothing major is wrong.

The engine is strong, and in 2013 this lighter version of a 7 passenger SUV was groundbreaking. Sounds like you can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Thx for your feedback. Finally, I found the JX35 I was looking for with lower mileage 53K and 1 year warranty left. Now ,I have another question:

The dealer is offering me few protection options such as:

1- Paint Protection (300$)
2- Leather Protection (300$)
3- Anti rust Protection (200$ for 5 years)

I decided to take the anti rust. It seems a good deal, and we need it especially for our winters. What do you think of the other two protections? Are they needed or better off saving the money?

Thx

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,

Thx for your feedback. Finally, I found the JX35 I was looking for with lower mileage 53K and 1 year warranty left. Now ,I have another question:

The dealer is offering me few protection options such as:

1- Paint Protection (300$)
2- Leather Protection (300$)
3- Anti rust Protection (200$ for 5 years)

I decided to take the anti rust. It seems a good deal, and we need it especially for our winters. What do you think of the other two protections? Are they needed or better off saving the money?

Thx
You should save your money. These add-ons are designed to make the dealer additional profit. Also, be wary of finance add-ons. Congrats on your new ride!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Yahoooo....Finally I drove home with my JX35. I waited until I found the one I like Black on brown with 53K km on it.

Thx for all the feedbacks you have given me here. Now I need your opinions and suggestion on adding few touches to it whether at the interior or exterior sides.

I was thinking to add Stainless Steel Exhaust Muffler Tip...any recommendations? I found one through ebay, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post outside links in this forums...

Thx

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congrats on the JX!

I've seen one on eBay a well, not sure if its the same one you're looking at but try it and let us know. I'm quite annoyed car company are hiding the exhaust tip on their gasoline powered car. ECO-minded i'm sure but flume are still coming out of them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts