Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I just traded in my 2013 JX35 for a new QX60 - which is identical in appearance and functionality - other than the name change, almost everything else is the same and for that I am very happy. The one feature difference that is absolutely blowing my mind is that it seems like Infiniti took away the ability to adjust the navigation volume using the normal volume controls while driving - which may not seem like a big deal but it is driving me insane - which is how I found this forum!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 2014 QX60, and I am able to adjust the volume with the volume control knob at the time the navigation is speaking to me. It is independent of the volume control for the radio. If they changed that with a newer model, that would not make sense. I've driven Infinities for 9 years and it's always been this way. Hope this helps. Enjoy your new QX, I love mine.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Infiniti did screw this up with the qx navigation system until the latest update. With the latest update (from around October 2015 or so) it started working. Could be your new car was manufactured with an older version of the navigation system. I'll check the version in a bit, but it does work for me, now.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi - I just traded in my 2013 JX35 for a new QX60 - which is identical in appearance and functionality - other than the name change, almost everything else is the same and for that I am very happy. The one feature difference that is absolutely blowing my mind is that it seems like Infiniti took away the ability to adjust the navigation volume using the normal volume controls while driving - which may not seem like a big deal but it is driving me insane - which is how I found this forum!
To confirm, you got the newly redesigned QX60 (2016)? I would have thought the 2016 included more entertainment-software updates, otherwise the interior looks unchanged (except the shifter knob and seating sewing patterns).

Infiniti seems to tweak small things like the rear door beeping (JX-beeped entire way up/down, yes very annoying) throughout the product cycle. I remember getting a random software update that slows the vehicle when going around corners while the cruise control is engaged (not helpful when you fall below the speed limit).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts