Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am going to buy a QX60 at my local dealer. When I tested driving it, I saw there were 50 miles on odometer. When I buy a new car, I hope the mileage is under 15 miles. Is it normal? Because I don't want to drive far to another city. Or just ask the dealer to get another one? Thanks!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Probably lent the QX60 to a customer for a "take home" test drive or it's been through 5-10 test drives. 50 miles adds up quickly.

As a new buyer it's your call. Tell the dealer to find you another fresh-off-the-truck QX60 if 50 miles is too much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gave one one thousand discount on it. I am going to get the car. 40000 OTD for a base model without any packages, hopefully it is not a bad deal.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I've seen cars show up from the factory with as much as 90 miles on them. I find it amazing that customers get worked up about this. I had one idiot test drive the car he wanted to buy, then ask me for a different one that had fewer miles on it (but this one has already been driven - look it has 22 miles on it). Seriously, customers can make stupid salespeople look like geniuses.

Reactions: BobOB

·
Registered
39 Posts
A few hundred miles in the scheme of things is nothing. If it helps you negotiate, then more power to you.

Just for a reality check. I will let a friend borrow my car with 120,000 miles on it and won't even charge them $50 to drive 50 miles. Another way to look at it:

How much more would you pay for a car with 23,470 on the odometer vs. 23,420? How about 56,465 vs. 56,515?

Things that matter...never sold, under warranty, used as a demo vehicle, rental car, one owner, in a crash, build date, etc.

That being said, there was psychological enjoyment in helping our sales person rip off the plastic on our QX60 with less than 8 miles on it. Did it really make a difference...no.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all relies. Got the car yesterday and spent one hour driving on it. First time CVT experience, (six years manual, three years 5AT), I need more time get used to it. It feels not strong when acceleration at low speeds. Everything else is very good for now, very quiet and smooth at highway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts