Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of 2019 the QX60 is already 7 years old, and 7 years is the typical vehicle lifecycle before a significant redesign. I'm sure we'd have seen something by now if the 2020 model was a big change so it seems unlikely. It's too bad Infiniti isn't keeping up with the competition and letting it's vehicles age.

Has anyone heard anything about a pending major redesign?

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
2020 exactly the same. Minus Hagane Blue - or something like that. Infiniti is always reluctant to fix things that they don't see as broken.

·
Registered
135 Posts
They have conformed their QX30 and QX50 models to look similar to the QX60 especially with the crescent shaped rear side windows. I think we are looking only at subtle changes for a few more years.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Q70 is moving to it's 10th year without a major redesign. It's too bad Infiniti isn't keeping up with 7-year industry standard refreshes.

·
Registered
200 Posts
QX80 had major redesign in 2010 as well, hasn't changed much, now looks like straighten version of QX60. QX70 is probably the grandfather of all I think it is over 10 years old now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased my 3rd Infiniti QX60 this past Friday. The saleswoman told me that the 2021 model will be the first redesign of the car. It will be a boxier body and resemble the Range Rover. My lease was up so unfortunately I could not hold out for the 2021 model.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nissan is looking to cut 10% of their product line given huge losses. I'm assuming they'll get rid of the QX30 and a few Nissan's (e.g. Versa). I hope they don't get rid of the QX60 given it's 8-years old and a huge overlap with their QX50.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nissan is looking to cut 10% of their product line given huge losses. I'm assuming they'll get rid of the QX30 and a few Nissan's (e.g. Versa). I hope they don't get rid of the QX60 given it's 8-years old and a huge overlap with their QX50.
so the giant QX80, with a new price tag pushing $100k with any decent option packages, would be the only 3rd row vehicle left in production? That'd be a tough one to swallow as Infiniti enthusiasts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I seriously doubt the QX60 would be killed off unless Infiniti itself was going to be shelved or they've been dumb enough to sell them at a loss. For 2019 Infiniti is selling 8400-13400 vehicles a month in the US and the QX60 makes up 2700-4500 of that; it's basically a third of their sales. 1700-2000 QX80s. The heavily pushed QX50 has had 1 month of over 1800. Data from Infiniti US car sales figures

·
Registered
168 Posts
I seriously doubt the QX60 would be killed off unless Infiniti itself was going to be shelved or they've been dumb enough to sell them at a loss. For 2019 Infiniti is selling 8400-13400 vehicles a month in the US and the QX60 makes up 2700-4500 of that; it's basically a third of their sales. 1700-2000 QX80s. The heavily pushed QX50 has had 1 month of over 1800. Data from Infiniti US car sales figures

Very interesting data I tend to agree that they would be insane to can something that constitutes that high of a percentage of their sales

1 - 11 of 11 Posts