Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its not new, its last years ad for the JX redubbed for QX60 instead. I'm not sure if this makes things more confusing or not. On one hand, shoppers used to seeing the commercial selling the JX35 now are told its the QX60, so that could be funny. Or would it of been better to reinfornce the name change if QX60 got its own new commercial?

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's a bit confusing if you have seen the former commercial with the old name on it. The commercial itself is pretty good though. Short and to the point. Shows off the ease of getting into the back seat. Soon people will forget about the old naming scheme and people will just come to know this model as the QX60. This commercial is a step in that direction.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
For those that weren't paying attention to the JX version, new buyers might not figure out that its the same car. I still think its one of the most innovative cars on the market. Time for a new commercial however.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I find it funny how they say it seats 7 comfortably and show a bunch of kids in it. Of course it will be easy for a kid to sit back their. I'd love to see what a QX60 full of adults will be like.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I find it funny how they say it seats 7 comfortably and show a bunch of kids in it. Of course it will be easy for a kid to sit back their. I'd love to see what a QX60 full of adults will be like.
To be fair, you usually don't have that many adults in the car at the same time, but fair enough, it is easier to fit kids in the back seat than adults.

Why make a new commercial? This one advertises the exact same vehicle (with a name change) and thereby saves quite a bit of money. Sounds like a win for Infiniti.

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
I've sat in the third row with 6 other salespeople in the car. Done the same in a QX80. QX60 is better for the third row people than the bigger truck. That said, I wouldn't want to drive very far sitting back there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've sat in the third row with 6 other salespeople in the car. Done the same in a QX80. QX60 is better for the third row people than the bigger truck. That said, I wouldn't want to drive very far sitting back there.

why is QX60 better than QX80 in that sense? It seems almost counter intuitive, or does it have something to do with QX80's body on frame construction?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I wouldn't say the QX60 is better than the QX80 and vise-versa
both have their own purpose and are great for those purposes. The fact that they are in two totally different segments speaks volumes about them

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so QX60 is easier to access the rear 3rd than QX80? But why? QX80 is bigger?? Or does it have to do with the sliding seat gizmo on the QX60? If thats the case why has it not been adopted on the QX80, seems like a pretty simple piece to share...

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Sliding second row means you can give the third row passengers more room. Plus the floor is higher in the third row of the big one.

·
Registered
295 Posts
What is the benefit of having the the third row seats raised. Seems to me that that would just make for less room for the back passengers.
raised like in the Lexus LX, it will allow for motorized seats that fold away with the push of a button. it's good if you don't need every inch of space you can use. it's why some people don't like the LX.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts