Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, recently purchased a Certified pre-owned 2014 hybrid AWD. Fully loaded minus Rear entertainment (theater package?) My question is about the wheels. The vehicle has the 20" painted alloys, but I feel that the driver side front is a different color than the other three. One is a bright silver, the other three are more of a dark/smoke/gunmetal color. What are the chances that they are different? Or am I being crazy?

·
Registered
475 Posts
The alloys on mine are all the same color. If you have one different it didn't come from the factory like that. Not seeing it in person, I'd say Somebody replace a damaged alloy wheel with a new one with the wrong finish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm thinking but I can't find any information on there being diffrent finishes for the 20" wheel.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You're right. I see it too. I'm guessing the front wheel was repaired and forgot it had a gun-metal finish?

Good luck with the dealer. From my exp, they won't do anything. They're probably tell you to keep on driving until the brake dust cover the entire wheel.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Someone did indeed mess up. Typically just about any car part, even wheels, have codes that are unique to it, even down the finish its in, so chances are you might discover that on the inner barrel of the wheel. That's if you want to get into those details. It might be worth the effort.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow. That's not good. It is indeed different in the picture you've included.

I'll definitely bring it back to the dealer and inquiry on that. Also the chances of them doing something about it would be rare? I guess it depends on the dealer too.

There should be a warranty right?

Goodluck and update us

1 - 11 of 11 Posts