Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After months of research finally picked up my brand new 2015 black obsidian /java 5 days ago. Comes with premium, premium +, driver's assist pkgs with roof rails and illuminated kick plates. I also purchased a cargo protector, mudguards, and rear bumper stainless steel protector.

Still learning how everything operates but so far in love with this car. I put about 150 miles on in the first 3 days and loved every minute- literally didn't want to stop driving. Love the look, smoothness, quietness, and the space it offers - compared to my 04 FX35, and hopefully reliability! I am glad to be an owner of a qx60 and to have found this forum. I hope both will serve us all well for years to come!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations on your new QX60! I'm looking to purchase too, but just a little hesitant about the transmission shuddering. I assume you are aware of this too. What do you think about the issue and what made your decision to purchase? Thank you in advance!

·
InfinitiQX60.org Supporting Vendors
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase! Share with us few pictures when you have a chance. Do you already have any plans on it? A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Enjoy your new ride and your time here!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I am aware of the issue, I've been looking at this car since 2013, and doing a lot of reading of reviews. Nissan has been using the CVT transmission in their vehicles for over 10 years now, and now other brands like Honda are adopting technology. I realize that many people do not have this problem with their cvt's and they will not post a review stating that everything is okay- it is simply expected to work great. The people that do have problems get frustrated and find forums such as this to warn others- that's why it seems like there are more bad that good experiences. I was considering getting a 2013 or 2014 simply because the price would be less but after reading about this shuddering issue decided it was worth getting it brand new with full warranty. In one guy's review he stated he had this issue in his 2013, Infiniti replaced his transmission with a 2015 cvt and it's been great.

Our second choice was an MDX, and even though it doesn't have a CVT (yet) - I have several friends that owned 2006-2009 MDXs and they all had issues with the transmissions- might be resolved in the new ones. This being so we went with the QX60 since in our opinion it's much classier, spacious and practical. Good Luck to you with whatever you decide to do. So far we only have about 250 miles on our since we picked it up 6 days ago but we absolutely love it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts