Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this vehicle for my wife in June 2015. This Majestic White/Java QX60 comes with Premium, Premium Plus, & Driver Assistance packages along with Illuminated Kick plates, Splash Guards, Cargo Package, Roof Rails, & Crossbars.

Decision to buy QX60 was more based on a friend's recommendation, my wife's willingness, and my own research.

I will list the good things about this first,
1) Spacious
2) Good milage
3) Nice exterior
4) Nice interior
5) 360degree view

Here comes the bad,

1) CVT has hiccup at very low speed. It is to be noted here that I have a different brand vehicle with CVT and has no such hiccup. I have also test driven yet another brand with CVT, no hiccup there too.

2) Objects seen through camera appears in unnatural color. For example grass looks brown. My other two vehicles do not have this issue. This can lead to potential wrong decisions by driver (Can mistake some thing for another). High definition, Low definition does not matter when it come to color. Clarity(pixels) is the only difference in various definitions.

3) Navigation never shows current speed limit, even in major highways. I faintly remember seeing speed limit on one or two roads and that's it. My other vehicle always shows the current speed limit.

4) Way of entering street address for destination is very poor. By default it expects you to enter street number, street name, & city. When you enter street number it filters through all the states in the current region. When you enter street name same long process of filtering takes place from all states in the region. I have used many Navigation systems where you go the other way, you enter city/zip, street name, and street number. This makes the filtering more efficient. It only looks for street name and number match within the entered zip/city.

5) Added to these frustrations, map shows places from other states in the state you are using. This overlap is TOTALLY wrong. I live in Upper Arlington, Ohio. The map shows "Huntington Museum of Art" on McCoy Road near my house. But, there is no such thing here. When I googled, the museum is at 2033 McCoy Rd, Huntington, WV 25701. I have never even been to that place in my life so far. Attaching the map view.

6) Couple of occasions, it couldn't even recognize local addresses in Columbus, OH itself, whereas my other two vehicles with GPS systems do not have any issue finding the same addresses.

7) I and my wife have programmed the desired seat positions with respective smart keys and registered in the memory. When we switch driver, the pre-programmed positions do not come up for the specific smart key being used.

8) Voice command is a HUGE pain in the back. Had no luck so far :crying: My other vehicle works awesome, never had any issue.

9) There is NO comprehensive dashboard display. My other vehicle has it which makes it more convenient. You can see Phone, Navigation, Climate, and Entertainment info in one screen - in each quadrant of the display and touch any quadrant to go to detailed page.

10) This is not an issue but a short coming. These days, you see non luxury brand vehicles come with DRL - Daytime Running Lights, it not only gives a very impressive look but also adds visibility of your vehicle to the drivers ahead of you. Infiniti DOES NOT have it.

I took my vehicle to dealership about these issues and concerns. I was told that my vehicle was compared with another QX60, everything works as it should and there is NO issue at all.

Of course, when you compare a vehicle with issues with same brand of vehicle with same issues, how in the world any one expects to identify an issue. I have repeatedly told the dealership service personnel that these are design related issues. Quick response from him was "Are you an engineer?". My reply was "Of course, how did you know?". Though it was offensive, I didn't want to make a big deal about it. All I needed was RESULTS. I don't really blame the dealership except for being too defensive and bit unprofessional. After all they do what they are trained to do

Having failed the mission with dealership, I called "Infiniti Consumer Affairs" @ 1-800-662-6200. NOT a pleasant experience:(

I was repeatedly told that EVERYTHING is alright in the vehicle and there is no design flaws whatsoever. Even for the Navigation/Map issue which is ridiculously overlapping address in different states, the person insisted that there is NO issue at all. Next comes the biggest bummer of all. She said you bought the vehicle after looking at it perhaps test driving it, so why are you complaining now. I demanded to talk to her supervisor or manager and she denied to connect me to anyone.

Couple of things I have mentioned like DRL, and Comprehensive Dashboard Display; items 9 & 10 in the list above, are something that I already knew before buying the vehicle. It was only a suggestion from my side. Others are issues that Infiniti CANNOT shrug it shoulders off. Infiniti should realize what happened to GM and other manufacturers who kept denying the reality and fact.

Can anyone in the world find all the issues while test driving a vehicle for a very short time. One may ask, what the heck was your research then. My research was based on what information was available from Infiniti's website. They only project the positive aspects to sell the vehicles.

Hope Infiniti wise up and address these genuine concerns and retain its reputation and gain even more in the process.

My humble request for Engineers of Infiniti, Certified Technicians of Infiniti and Consumers of Infiniti is to try vehicles of other brands to check a specific feature and see the difference for yourself.

Thanks for your time!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
You sir, need a much better salesperson. One who can show you how the car works. I don't have time today to answer all your questions/complaints, but most of them are based on the fact that no one showed you all the different ways to use the vehicle, its interfaces (voice and touch), etc. Failing that, there's RTFM.

I'll address one issue though. As for the streets in Columbus - remember that Navteq, who provide the data in the system, employs only smart people. In other words, no buckeyes - a UM grad programmed that thing. From a wolverine's perspective, there are no streets in Columbus that are worth noting. M Go Blue.

Oh, if you want DRL's, turn on your fog lights and set the regular headlights to "Auto".

And you can enter addresses in almost any sequence you want. Just select the button on the screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
@Sinecure

Appreciate your response. Please keep in mind that I'm not illiterate. I have a vehicle with all the features QX60 has and more (except for the 360degree view). Don't tell me RTFM. If you don't have time to answer then STFU. Did you even read the complaints and see the attached image "Why the **** a place in Huntington, WV shows near my house in Ohio?" Navteq is not fool proof my friend. Smart people analyze the claim and fix it, not just totally dismiss it as user issue. Are you up for a challenge, my friend?

Please try to understand what a DRL is and a Fog light is. You don't seem to have the basic understanding. Fog light you have to turn ON and OFF every single time. DRL, you don't. Please educate yourself first b4 giving advice.

BTW, how many other brand comparable vehicles you have driven?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Ask Navteq. They coded all the data on the maps. Really, you should provide them that image and ask them to fix it. I'm sure they'll get right on it.

1) you don't like your CVT. OK. There are lots of threads on this subject.

2) Your colorblind. So am I. I've dealt with it my whole life. I'm still here. Seriously, I can't believe this is an issue.

3) The navi in the QX60 I drove 500 miles the last two days showed speed limits on all the major roads, and even some of the little ones. Again, data comes from Navteq and clearly they don't care about the buckeye state.

4) Again, your salesperson is a resource. Use them. Ask them to show you various ways to enter data. Failing that, try some of the online tutorials. Infiniti has a youtube channel that may help. There's even some help built into the system in your car. And of course, you could RTFM. I'm sorry it works differently than your brain and/or the other car that you seem to love so much. Every navi in every car works differently. Get used to it.

5) You're very focused on this museum. I think the car is telling you that you need to drive to WV to visit it. I suspect you'll find answers, and some closure there. Again, YMMV.

6) You sure you didn't enter "123 Douchebag Ave." when it was actually Douchebag Rd.? In my experience, unless it is a newly built street, the addresses are in there. Or, you entered 123 and it is really 121 - if 123 doesn't exist, it won't show up (the navi is smart that way). Yes, it can be hard to figure out how to enter 123 N. Douchebag Rd. if you aren't sure on the N/S thing or how to enter it. But I show customers how to deal with this all the time. Use voice commands and don't say the "north/south" part - or enter the address w/out the N/S/E/W part and see what happens - it will prompt you to pick one.

7) No, you didn't. If you had programmed them correctly, it would work. I'd explain how to do it, but RTFM or go see your salesperson. I must admit, I haven't read the manual on this subject in a long time. If there's a misprint in there, take it up with Infiniti.

8) Park the two vehicles next to each other. Talk to them. See if they can help you work it out. Or, go through the list of commands in the manual or in the car.

9) Nice car Bro.

10) I already answered this one.

Maybe if you didn't come off as a whiny little brat in you very first post on here, more people would have sympathy and help you address your issues. Instead, you bitch at the one person who tried a little bit to help. Heck, I even tried to inject a little humor.

I hope Infiniti engineers read these forums too. Unfortunately, I suspect they don't. They'd learn something if they did. But they'd also get a great chance to see us users acting like children and getting all bent out of shape when someone makes fun of us.

You've got some legit questions mixed in there. It just got lost in the wine/whine.

Happy Turkey Day!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Other than the CVT issue you referenced in #1 , seems like you have buyer's remorse. Most of the items you've listed work fine, just not to your liking.

1) Yes, the QX60 have bad CVT's. Consumer reports has rated the QX60 as horrible.
2) No problems on mine. Take it to the dealership, park next to another QX, and test both cameras. If you're is different, than the tech can see and do something about it.
3) Limitation with Navteq data. Some highways show the speed, others don't.
4) Design limitation, all Infiniti's are like this.
5) Design limitation, all Infiniti's are like this.
6) Design limitation, all Infiniti's are like this.
7) Watch this video, it'll show you how to setup your remote
8) Design limitation, all Infiniti's are like this.
9) Are you asking why Infiniti display isn't like an Audi or Mercedes?
10) DRL will appear in 2017. Surprised you're complaining about this since it was evident when you bought the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Good reason for any prospective buyer to read all the new car reviews on vehicles considering and also check out the forums before you even walk onto the dealership lot. You should have a good handle on what the car is about before you talk to a salesperson. Ask lots of questions. Take a long test drive and take notes. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I agree with Sinecure, you should go back to your dealership and have your salesman or someone who gives a **** about their dealership go over the car with you. Thats there job, and thats what Infiniti expects of their employees.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Every nav I have ever used takes me down a dead end street from time to time. This one is better than average IMO. As for voice control, ever use Siri on Apple products? Worthless and a time burglar. The technology needs several more years before it is worthy. I have a convertible with voice control which is such a waste, it has a 20% accuracy level with the rag top up. Finally, complaining about design issues to Infiniti service personnel and wanting them to fix it is flat out funny. Maybe the poster can get on a concall with Nissan engineering in Japan and share his redesign vision. The designs are what they are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts