Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just picked up a new QX60 this past weekend... Wasn't planning on buying another infiniti at all, but it happened somehow!

Dropped my 2007 G35 off at the dealer in Portland for an oil change and the plan was to walk down street to the Ford Dealer and test drive Edge and Escapes... After dropping off in service, I walked through the show room just for the **** of it and the front door was locked.

Got to chatting with the sales man and told him where I was headed. He convinced me to test drive the QX series before I walked down to Ford, so I did.

Now, I have to say that since I bought my G35 in '07 I have looooved my Infiniti, so it's no surprise that I loved the new ones.

After test driving and checking them out and just a few chatting he threw out a pretty decent number on the QX60. I said, "look, I'm not planning at all on buying a car, I was just going down to Ford to test drive"

A bit more discussion and he basically said "if I match the MRSP on the Edge you're looking at, do we have a deal". I told him to give me a trade in value on my G35.

My G35 has been used and abused, over 160k miles on it, bumper was beat to heck and dents and dings. The interior was still in great condition. I figured (based on research) he would come back at like 6-7k. He came back at 7.5K.

So at the end of the day, I ended up with the most expensive bottle of wine ever, but it came with a free car....

Excited to see how this baby works. It's much bigger then I was ever thinking about buying, but hopefully I'll love it as much as I loved my G35.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, man. Curious but how much was the Ford EDGE? I can't imagine its priced similar to the QX.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congratulations!!! it looks amazing, I didnt know the silver will look so dashing QX60. What options/packages have you got?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations!!! it looks amazing, I didnt know the silver will look so dashing QX60. What options/packages have you got?
Yeah, I really love the Silver, as you can see that's the same color as my G35. Another big selling point for me on Infiniti vs Edge is all the annnnnnnoying beeping when you open door, turn on car, etc. I don't understand why ford has all that stuff. Granted most of if you can turn off, but it takes all kinds of "programming".

I got the AWD with drivers assistance package which includes the Premium and Premium plus, all weather floor mats, 20" wheels.

One thing I do wish that infiniti had was a TRUE pano moon roof. I love that the edge's goes all the way from driver straight back to rear passenger. I hate that the qx60 pano has the huge split between driver and pass area. The pano basically starts directly above the head of the middle pass.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah, I really love the Silver, as you can see that's the same color as my G35. Another big selling point for me on Infiniti vs Edge is all the annnnnnnoying beeping when you open door, turn on car, etc. I don't understand why ford has all that stuff. Granted most of if you can turn off, but it takes all kinds of "programming".

I got the AWD with drivers assistance package which includes the Premium and Premium plus, all weather floor mats, 20" wheels.

One thing I do wish that infiniti had was a TRUE pano moon roof. I love that the edge's goes all the way from driver straight back to rear passenger. I hate that the qx60 pano has the huge split between driver and pass area. The pano basically starts directly above the head of the middle pass.
+1 on the Ford's annoying "bong". I hate them all equally but I think Ford takes the cake.

You mention the 20" wheels but looking at the pictures, they look like the standard 18. Was it a typo? if not, call the dealer!

·
Registered
204 Posts

Nice packages. I personally like QX's panoramic moon roof as it covers all three rows, even if it has split or solid roof in between. It provides moon roof for all three rows. I don't think there is any other SUV that has a moon roof that covers all three rows. The MB GL has 3 separate glass panes, which look really awkward, and most other panoramic moon roofs only cover first two rows, probably because most people only use first 2 rows. In my case all 3 rows will be occupied so I like this execution better than the other one. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1 on the Ford's annoying "bong". I hate them all equally but I think Ford takes the cake.

You mention the 20" wheels but looking at the pictures, they look like the standard 18. Was it a typo? if not, call the dealer!
You're right, I was thinking about the other one we were looking at. I switched for another one that was about the same price but had a bunch of other more "Weather" related stuff on it like the all weather floor mats and blah blah blah.

So I have 600 miles on it now and I've noticed a few small annoying things
1) the SHARP plastic on the steering wheel
2) The center display is really not useful at all. The picture of just your car?! And then the BSI thing, they should have a nice animation or something there when a car is passing or in your blind spot. I wish I could just make the temp and other basic information fill the area.
3) the parking sensors are WAY too sensitive... Maybe there's a way to change this that I haven't found yet, but I was going through starbucks drive through the other day and they were just going off like crazy. I found how to disable them of but of course it was as I was leaving the lot.
4) the AC seems really "weak" and I haven't figured out yet how to sync the rear with the fronts. It seems like maybe you can only adjust them separately? It's been 110+ here this week and I'm dying.

Other then that. Love it so far!

·
Registered
66 Posts
1) the SHARP plastic on the steering wheel
- Agreed. Its based of the PF but at least "smooth" them edges out for a $60K car.
2) The center display is really not useful at all. The picture of just your car?!
- I don't mind the center display but I don't understand why resetting trip A or B it doesn't synced with the Navigation screen. After every fill up, I have to reset three things. The trip com, the center display and the one on the navi. My 2008 Acura RDX doesn't have this problem. Quite annoying.
3) the parking sensors are WAY too sensitive...
- I just realized mine only have corner sonar because I didn't opt for the deluxe package. Mind boggling. But haven't got any issue. For sh!t/giggle, go through the touch-less wash, press the camera button and watch the sensors go bananas!
4) the AC seems really "weak" and I haven't figured out yet how to sync the rear with the fronts.
- I usually press the Auto button and set the temp to 65 or lower and let the computer do its work.

Glad you're enjoying the QX60!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts