Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the stock H11 bulbs with a new HID Fog Light Kit. I usually stick to bright white or yellow. But I thought i'd try something unique with the purple fogs. On a scale of 1-10 it was a 6. It's all plug and play. But the space on the right side is limited. And theres not much on the left side to mount the ballast to so I had to get creative.

Before & Afters:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cost: $45-50 total (For my HID conversion kit. Some kits cost more. And price of zip ties.)
Source: Amazon, Autozone
Difficulty (Easy 1-10 Difficult): 6
Opinion: Great aesthetic mod. I do it on all my cars. Really makes your QX stand out from the others. Takes a couple hours to do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Again, can you post a link to the actual kit you used? Any chance you captured some imaged during the process and could post a how-to? Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just go to ddmtuning.com and pick up a kit. Pretty self explanatory. Only thing I do warn is that the OEM wiring harness isn't always meant to carry large burst currents to ignite the bulbs so even a capacitor may not help and may need to wire it directly to the battery. Go with ddmtuning if you want to know what you need. I would get it all to pay for one shipping. The capacitor won't harm anything if you add it and if you need to wire it to the battery then you have the cables to do it later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts