Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning!

I am new to Infiniti and the QX60. Purchased a 2017 AWD black exterior with java interior. It has everything minus the theater package. I'm coming out of an Acura MDX and looking forward to any insight regarding the vehicle and Infiniti. Is there any work around or solution to getting text messages with an iPhone?

Happy New Year!

Kent

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.

In order for qx60 to read your text you will need to enable notification setting in your iPhone. See steps below. I recommend removing your phone from the vehicle in case turning notification on doesn't work then pair it again.

Turn “Show Notification” ON from Bluetooth® setting menu on your iPhone®. This will show up when your pair the Bluetooth with vehicle. Or refer to page 4-123 in user manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Coop. Apparently I am unable to have the car connect to an iPhone. It has to be on the android platform.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks, Coop. Apparently I am unable to have the car connect to an iPhone. It has to be on the android platform.

I recently picked up a 2017 and initially had issues linking my iPhone 6s running iOS 10.2. After following the steps listed in the owners manual worked like a charm. The directions were a little unclear in that you have to disconnect from Bluetooth from the phone side and then turn on notifications from the phone side as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am using iPhone 6s as well with latest iOS. When I first paired my phone with the vehicle the "Tech Expert" at the dealership asked whether I want the vehicle read the text and enabled "show notification" setting. I am attaching the screenshot for reference you can access this by clicking information icon little "i" in circle next to Bluetooth connection for your car in the iPhone's bluetooth setting.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Morning!

I am new to Infiniti and the QX60. Purchased a 2017 AWD black exterior with java interior. It has everything minus the theater package. I'm coming out of an Acura MDX and looking forward to any insight regarding the vehicle and Infiniti. Is there any work around or solution to getting text messages with an iPhone?

Happy New Year!

Kent
I was curious why you left the MDX to go QX60. Both obviously great vehicles... Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts