Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of car shopping, we've finally decided on a 2015 QX60. Definitely want white exterior, but need help deciding on an interior color. I've always had a light/medium gray color interior in my cars but given that isn't a choice, I can't decide on graphite or wheat. We have two kids who are active and play a lot of sports, so I'm concerned the wheat will get dirty fast. But my husband thinks the graphite will make the car too hot in the summer (we live in California). Any thoughts as to the pros/cons of either the graphite or wheat interiors?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
199 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that in the wheat interior on the 2015 models, the doors and carpets are still graphite. The wheat will get dirty easier, or at least show it more. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you wear a lot of jeans, the blue will rub off. I do have clients that manage to keep it clean, but it will take effort on your part in order to do so. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I agree with Matt. We have the Wheat and I love the color but I have to be careful with blue jeans. I'm using Griot's leather cleaners and interior products to maintain the seats. After three years the interior still looks very nice and the seats feel very comfortable. If I were to buy the car today, I'd lean towards the graphite. The only thing about that color is that it shows the dust.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also have the wheat color and have kids. I was worried with the dirt and shoe marks especially on the kickplates and the wheat color mats and was ready to trade in for graphite after 2weeks. The wheat color imo just looks more cleaner and elegant than the graphite side by side. Since my ext is black, I changed out all 4 kickplates for graphite and bought black weathertech mats. Makes a huge difference and I think it looks good contrasting with the wheat. But whichever you choose, I'll sure you'll be happy with your QX60! Ill post pics later.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I also have the wheat color and have kids. I was worried with the dirt and shoe marks especially on the kickplates and the wheat color mats and was ready to trade in for graphite after 2weeks. The wheat color imo just looks more cleaner and elegant than the graphite side by side. Since my ext is black, I changed out all 4 kickplates for graphite and bought black weathertech mats. Makes a huge difference and I think it looks good contrasting with the wheat. But whichever you choose, I'll sure you'll be happy with your QX60! Ill post pics later.
The 2015's actually come with black carpets, steering wheel, and door panels if you choose the wheat. So they kind of come how you converted yours to be with the weathertech mats. I always suggest the weathertechs because they actually cup the sides and will cover more than the Infiniti mats. But good choice with the contrast, I think it looks much better!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the feedback. I will post soon with what we decide. So anxious to get my new car!! I'm coming from a 2008 Honda Odyssey, so this will be serious upgrade!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
We have the aspen pearl white with the java brown leather interior (black carpeting, maple wood trim, ceilings an off-white/grey) and we think it looks very classy. We have gone with tan interiors on our past two vehicles (incl 2006 Odyssey) which were a darker shade if tan and showed the dirt over time, but when I saw the wheat on the QX I could see that would be a nightmare to keep clean.

And for what it is worth, we did not find the vehicle got too hot with the brown leather in the summer (Toronto), even with the shades on both sunroofs open.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello KelleyH... I am like you moving from Odyssey to QX60 and i have two todlers ....wondering what did you choose... if it was wheat.. what is your opinion so far... was cleaning and maintaining it easy ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got the graphite on our 2016. Loved the look of the wheat but couldn't risk how dirty it would get with 2 kids and a dog. Very happy with the graphite (we have the graphite shadow exterior which makes for a very put together look). The trim on the seats is real sharp. We have the fully loaded. Ventilated/cooled front seats reduce the concern of dark leather being too hot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had an Infiniti G35 black with wheat interior, my children are grown, but still found it hard to keep clean or spotless like I like it. I also worried about anyone getting in with dark blue jeans on. So the next G35 I bought, I got black again but switched to graphite interior (black). I loved it and it looked very sporty with the wood trim. However, when I bought my 2014 QX60, the first one I looked at was black with Java interior. I didn't think I'd like it, but when I saw how it looked with the maple wood trim, I loved it. I bought it and drove it home that day. I've been driving it now for two years, and still love it, so easy to keep clean, and it not the norm. People get in and I get lots of compliments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts