Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am seeing that my navigation is showing that some maps are not quite right. i have a 2016 so im guessing they are 3 to 4 years old. Any idea on how to find out what my version is and when the current version was released. $149 not a bad price but i'd hate to spend it if im not that much out of date. also it seems like this is a DIY? thats kind of surprising to me...in a good way

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a web search and found the Infiniti Navigation website. I emailed them my info and they indicated that the current version, released October 2019, is GEND NA J.A
The email came from Here Technologies and eventually links me to an infiniti website to buy

My version is GEND NA G.A so I really have no idea how many versions were released prior to mine but looks like the current is at least 3 years newer

they indicated i can install myself from DVD, and at $149 for new maps seems worth a shot since luckily it just came out. Looks like takes about 90 minutes and vehicle needs to be running.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I just received a letter referencing a "special" price of $149 with free shipping. They used to cost $99 a few years back. Seems like a big price jump.

BTW, my '13 significantly out of date, so I'm about to jump onto this deal

·
Registered
55 Posts
Waste of money in my opinion. Old maps should be fine for most trips. Also, I usually open google maps or something on my phone anyways to check traffic. After buying a Tesla model 3 for our other car, I wish all manufacturers would go to over the air updates like Tesla. It’s truly amazing what they do with software.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for $149 price is not bad, thinking of giving it a shot since there are a few roads nearby that have been redone hopefully they are updated in the new version.

Before that though i seem to be having a problem that after about 2.5 to 3.0 hours of driving the map screen will go black and then eventually the whole system will actually freeze up. Going to report it to the dealer hopefully the remedy is a software and possibly free map update

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did a web search and found the Infiniti Navigation website. I emailed them my info and they indicated that the current version, released October 2019, is GEND NA J.A
The email came from Here Technologies and eventually links me to an infiniti website to buy

My version is GEND NA G.A so I really have no idea how many versions were released prior to mine but looks like the current is at least 3 years newer

they indicated i can install myself from DVD, and at $149 for new maps seems worth a shot since luckily it just came out. Looks like takes about 90 minutes and vehicle needs to be running.
The way to read it is that you're on GENeration D platform (hardware) for North America running version G.A; current is J.A. So very likely there were H.A and I.A releases during the in-between years. Presumably within a year they'd go to .B, .C, etc. if they ever do multiple releases a year.

Personally I'll do the update but only about every four years or so. Or maybe sooner if I've a long cross-country trip planned and don't want to rely on the phone to boost.

IMO map updates should be free under warranty. After all, the functionality of the maps is effectively broken.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I still just use my phone and use Waze app for traffic alerts, etc... I almost never have my screen on map view although recently my gps must have been getting bad signal because I actually did have the map pulled up on the screen and it had my location arrow effectively zig zagging back and forth across the road, which was entertaining to watch LOL Pretty sure I was actually on the road the whole time....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wish maps were updated free under warranty like mentioned; and agree it should be. Who will take it up with Infiniti 🙂

·
Registered
338 Posts
It was for me. I have a 2014 and still had the original navigation software loaded in my car...Probably was a 2013 map. I live in Virginia and there’s been a lot of construction around where I live. The update includes the new roads. My guesstimate is if your map is over four years old it is probably worth updating the software.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts