Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 qx60:

Is there any way to set up the navigation to tell me what time I will get to the set destination?

As it is set up now it tells me how many hours or minutes it will take.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I'll have to get in one tomorrow and double check. But it should be an option in Navigation settings. At least it is in my Q50.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It’s in the navigation options on 2017 models. 2016 is a different interface though so not sure if that’s possible.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
16-18 should all work the same way. Go to Settings->Navigation->Guidance Preferences and change the Arrival Time Format to Estimated Time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
16-18 should all work the same way. Go to Settings->Navigation->Guidance Preferences and change the Arrival Time Format to Estimated Time.

This pic seems to be the only options I have regarding the time:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just recently purchased a 2019 QX60 and traded in a 2014 QX60. The navigation on the new one to me is more complicated to use. I have a subscription with XM for traffic and weather through the navigation. When I go to the weather map sometimes I see these little blue boxes with 9 white circles in the box. There is no legend on the weather map to explain what the little icons are. I have researched everywhere, in the manual, Infiniti's website, Google, YouTube, even called and talked to the Tech/Safety person who does the training classes for the new cars. No where could I find if this indicates hail or rain. I am still seeing them a lot now and it's not the spring season when hail is more prevalent. Also little tornado looking icons appear, and I'm not sure if it indicates strong winds, or actual tornado watches or warnings. Has anyone found out what these are?

·
Registered
85 Posts
2016 qx60:

Is there any way to set up the navigation to tell me what time I will get to the set destination?

As it is set up now it tells me how many hours or minutes it will take.

Thanks in advance.

In my JX35, it tells me the same thing. Nothing in settings that changes that option. I have the latest map update.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I will be updating my navigation with the newest set from Here Navigation for my 2014. My QX60 shows 2013 map data, so I'm assuming this 2019 Map set is for 2018 data. The set is a total of 5 discs, with 1 being labeled "Application Software", 3 labeled "Map Data" and the 5th disc is "Additional Contents". The included literature says 90 minute install time, with the car running. I'll keep you posted on the process and changes that I notice in the system.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
I will be updating my navigation with the newest set from Here Navigation for my 2014. My QX60 shows 2013 map data, so I'm assuming this 2019 Map set is for 2018 data. The set is a total of 5 discs, with 1 being labeled "Application Software", 3 labeled "Map Data" and the 5th disc is "Additional Contents". The included literature says 90 minute install time, with the car running. I'll keep you posted on the process and changes that I notice in the system.
What software version did you get?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Awesome. Please do keep us updated.

Also do you mind if I ask how
Much the update cost you?

Thx!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I paid $129 with free shipping... There are a few steps in this process that require you to cycle the Bluetooth on and off, while shutting the vehicle off in between. Maybe there will be some software updates outside of the maps. I'm about 50% done with the install and nearly an hour in the process. On a side note, you can drive and install at the same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
I paid $129 with free shipping... There are a few steps in this process that require you to cycle the Bluetooth on and off, while shutting the vehicle off in between. Maybe there will be some software updates outside of the maps. I'm about 50% done with the install and nearly an hour in the process. On a side note, you can drive and install at the same time.
That's crazy. If you did it all over again, would you install without the engine running? Or will it shut itself off?

·
Registered
70 Posts
My dealer told me they put a battery charger on customers cars that get Map Updates from the dealer, requiring DVD based installation. If I could do it over again, I would have got a newer model with a SD card Map, lol. If I had a charger, I'd put it on and do it, but my timing was off and I had errands to run. It loaded everything while I drove. I'm taking a 1,200 mile trip down the east coast and will post an update on changes I see in this navigation update. I did notice a "Building Scale" on the Zoom function. Mine shows "Not available in this area", but maybe once I get through some major cities I will see differences. I didn't notice "Store Tracking" before and have never used it... Not sure what is does exactly. I believe there is an additional view for the screen " Split: 3D Birdview Map" that I dont believe I had before. Maybe the install forced me to use it more and now I'm finding things, I'm not sure. I didn't notice the Map Color Options before either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts