Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car broke down with 699 miles on it I had it towed to the dealer two days later I pick it up and the service manager says oh we drove it on the turnpike we drove it on the highway it's running great I say thank you I take the car back I'm driving down the street from the dealership I look down at the odometer and there's only 700 miles on the car it's unbelievable how they can lie right to your face at the dealership I'm pretty sure this car may be going in for Lemon Law I drove the car to work again today the day after I picked it up from the dealership and the MIL light comes on again it's unbelievable that I supposedly superior car breaks down with only 699 miles on it and they are trying to blame it on the guy that tinted my windows they are trying to say that he sprayed water on some sensors and that's what's causing the problem I don't think so!!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
they are trying to blame it on the guy that tinted my windows they are trying to say that he sprayed water on some sensors and that's what's causing the problem I don't think so!!!
Strange dealer-complaint. Where are they saying the water hit the sensor, in the door?

Sucks about the issues, but/fortunately these are far and few between based on the JX and QX60 forums. Hopefully you issue will be fixed and you won't see it again.

I have 55K on my 3 yr old and still on original tires, brakes, and never been in for an issue outside the rattling rear latch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So my car broke down with 699 miles on it I had it towed to the dealer two days later I pick it up and the service manager says oh we drove it on the turnpike we drove it on the highway it's running great I say thank you I take the car back I'm driving down the street from the dealership I look down at the odometer and there's only 700 miles on the car it's unbelievable how they can lie right to your face at the dealership I'm pretty sure this car may be going in for Lemon Law I drove the car to work again today the day after I picked it up from the dealership and the MIL light comes on again it's unbelievable that I supposedly superior car breaks down with only 699 miles on it and they are trying to blame it on the guy that tinted my windows they are trying to say that he sprayed water on some sensors and that's what's causing the problem I don't think so!!!
So what did the dealer do? Did they replace any sensors?

·
Registered
225 Posts
OK, guess we'll use this thread, now.

Since there is a theory that it's a sensor issue, why not push them to fix/replace the ones not working? Point out what you have to us and be sure to talk to the service manager, not the same dolt you spoke to, before. If it was the service manager, the I suggest you politely speak to your sales person and/or the sales manager. This seems like a straight forward thing to sort out and they seemingly did nothing, which is a waste of your time and theirs.

You can get Infiniti customer service involved if there is no positive response again the dealer, of course, but I suspect you got the fool on a bad day (or at least I hope so as this is just plain incompetent, otherwise).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are trying to say that the tint place got the sensors behind the rearview mirror wet... And when I told them no-one test drove the car.... The Service Manager lied straight to my face and said HE drove it... The when I showed him the photos of the odometer he didnt have anything to say....

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would go to Infiniti, then, with your story. And maybe have someone explain what sensors behind the mirror could cause issues with the engine! I'm assuming that even if the mirror, and sensors, were removed from any normal car, what tout had happen would not. Sounds like incompetence to me... You need another dealer, or at least another service person in management, to work with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts