Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2017 QX60 with the premium plus package. While driving and listening to music, the sound occasionally cuts out completely for 3-5 seconds before quickly fading back up.

This has happened when using Bluetooth audio, direct iPhone connection, FM radio, and CD, so I don't think it's an issue with, e.g., losing the Bluetooth connection. And when listening to Pandora on my Bluetooth-connected phone yesterday, when the sound cut out (maybe 5 times during a 2-hour drive) the song had kept playing on my phone when the sound came back up, so I don't think it was an issue with my phone's data connection to Pandora.

Before I deal with the hassle of taking it in for service, I'm checking here to see whether anyone else has experienced this problem and whether it might be one of the audio system settings that I could fix it by changing on the menu. Any ideas?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have the same problem with my Bluetooth connected phone, but not with FM/CD/etc... sounds like you need to visit the dealership.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Could it possibly be the "speed sensitivity" (I forgot what it's called) setting? Basically, the volume increases when you're driving faster... lowers when you're going slower???
Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
My first thought on reading this is that either 1) you're getting a text or other alert on your bt connected phone and its trying to play the 'bong' noise through bt. Or 2), your navigation system maybe thought it was time to play a noise for you.

Just for grins, try rebooting the whole system. To do that, press and hold the volume button for 5-10 seconds. The screen will black out, then reboot. It works when you call India for customer support, maybe it will work here (really, try it).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies so far. Called the dealer to schedule bringing in the vehicle, and service advisor said we should first test it out by disconnecting Bluetooth, deleting the Bluetooth device settings on the car for any phones we've connected to it, then reconnect just one phone with Bluetooth only -- no USB, no iPhone cord -- and see if it still occurs.

We'll try rebooting the audio system too. Will update if we find anything out; any other ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: the vehicle's been at the dealer since May 14th (i.e. one month) to resolve the audio issue. They replaced the entire audio unit, but the problem recurred after the replacement. We haven't had an update from them in a week, and I'm composing a notification and demand pursuant to our state's Lemon Law.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had my Bluetooth audio drop out on me yesterday while driving. The phone continued playing the song, but I couldn’t hear it on the phone itself, so it was still connected to the audio system. Very odd. Also had the same thing happen a few days ago while on a Bluetooth phone call. Call went silent, but my phone showed the call was in progress. I had to disconnect the phone from Bluetooth to continue the conversation. I’m starting to wonder if I have a newly discovered issue......

·
Registered
456 Posts
Have you rebooted your phone? I use the USB connector on mine because the music sounds better than using Bluetooth. However every once and a while I can’t control the music from the touch screen on the dash. The problem isn’t the car, it’s the phone. (I have an iPhone). A reboot of the phone corrects the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alex_SF...did they ever resolve the radio issue? What’s the status? Our 2017 QX60 does exactly the same thing. It dropped 70+ times over a 7 hour drive. Just left the dealership after replacing the AV control module. That did not fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car has the same issue. Was at the dealer for a month and a half.... replaced the entire audio unit and the issue still persists...

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a 2017 QX60 with the premium plus package. While driving and listening to music, the sound occasionally cuts out completely for 3-5 seconds before quickly fading back up.

This has happened when using Bluetooth audio, direct iPhone connection, FM radio, and CD, so I don't think it's an issue with, e.g., losing the Bluetooth connection. And when listening to Pandora on my Bluetooth-connected phone yesterday, when the sound cut out (maybe 5 times during a 2-hour drive) the song had kept playing on my phone when the sound came back up, so I don't think it was an issue with my phone's data connection to Pandora.

Before I deal with the hassle of taking it in for service, I'm checking here to see whether anyone else has experienced this problem and whether it might be one of the audio system settings that I could fix it by changing on the menu. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue just purchased a 2020 QX60. I'll be
Taking into dealer... but should I just return it before I deal with it.?
I have owned it 5 days. Also my brights do not work. Could
Be electric issues?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same issue has been happening to our beautiful 2020 XQ 60 as well. Every six or seven minutes the audio will completely cut out for five or six seconds and then feedback in. I noticed that when this does happen, any of the info on the top right of the touch screen goes away, and comes back when the music fades in. This happens with every type of connection, FM radio, I am radio, XM radio, Bluetooth al of it!

I have had one of the four most knowledgeable audio in electronic car guys in the entire area look at this for a total of around 8 to 12 hours now over the last month. We’ve had the radio replaced with a new radio, we tried a new touchscreen, nearly everything has been adjusted and yet this problem still persists. We even try to brand new amplifier.

The same issue has been happening to our beautiful 2020 XQ 60 as well. I have had one of the four most knowledgeable audio in electronic car guys in the entire area look at this for a total of around 8 to 12 hours now over the last month. We’ve had the radio replaced with a new radio, we tried a new touchscreen, nearly everything has been adjusted and yet this problem still persists. We even try to brand new amplifier.

We are stupefied and beyond perplexed as you can imagine. Does anybody have any information at all and what we could possibly try to fix this? It happens just like everybody else saywe are stupefied and beyond perplexed as you can imagine. Does anybody have any information at all and what we could possibly try to fix this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts