Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess splash guards is the fancy name.

We ordered them on our Pathfinder, and they were pretty inconspicuous and effective. So when we ordered the QX, I just automatically checked the box without really eyeing them in closely at the dealer.

Now that the car is here, I'm not so sure about them. Our car is white, and being painted white, the guards are very prominent looking. I think they almost interrupt the style lines of the car. And the white paint on the plastic doesn't match the white paint on the rear bumper or front door. Close enough for my standards, anyway.

Does anyone else have any opinions on them? I'm tempted to take them off, and go to the Nissan dealer to compare their interface to the lines of the Pathfinder flaps that are all black. If they were the same (unlikely, I know), I would put the PF flaps on the QX, and the QX flaps on eBay.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have dark-gray and think "splash guards" blend in well with the overall vehicle. When looking at QX60s without guards, I feel the the vehicle looks like it's missing something, not fully built out and not as luxurious.

I also have 20" tires so that may also impact the overall visual effect.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have dark-gray and think "splash guards" blend in well with the overall vehicle. When looking at QX60s without guards, I feel the the vehicle looks like it's missing something, not fully built out and not as luxurious.

I also have 20" tires so that may also impact the overall visual effect.
That's one of the reasons why I like darker color cars, in cases like this things that you can add to it go well. With a lighter color it doesn't work as well.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Weird that the color doesn't match. Sounds to me like a reason to return them. I'd be very surprised if the ones from the PF didn't fit this car. Same with roof rails.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, let's say the color doesn't match well enough for my liking. I am a car guy, and have spent plenty of time at enthusiast car shows and around body shops. In my opinion, painted plastic never matches painted metal. They would think I was crazy if I took it back :) Take a close look between the bumper facias and the metal panels. You will see. Part of the reason I buy white cars is that they are the easiest color to match for a re-paint (except for the QX's pearl complicates things). You hope you never get in a crash, but my wife got hit head on in our Volvo XC70 by a drunk. The car was fixable (by my brother who is a body work craftsman), and the paint has never bothered me. Silver is the hardest, I would never get another silver car because of that.

I haven't pondered the PFs real roof rails vs the QX plastic caps, but I would guess they wouldn't be interchangeable, as the QX's roof line drops about 1.5" in back, as I recall from measuring from the rear deck to the cargo area light. That would change the angle of the roof at the rear connection point.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well, let's say the color doesn't match well enough for my liking.
Try removing the splash guards (should be a simple nut/bolt) to see if works out. Otherwise, you can image search on google or search ebay through user-submitted pics.

I understand your desire to keep it clean and the ability to match, having had a few white cars in the past. Next was black (which looked great) but I thought Infiniti splashed too much chrome on the JX/QX60 making black look less-classy. This is my first gray vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts