Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking to purchase a new three row luxury SUV in the near future and currently are leaning towards a new QX60. We have demoed the new MDX, QX60 Hybrid, and MB GL class each for a few days. I personally had been strongly leaning towards the MB and even though it is a superb SUV and superior to the others in most ways, my wife and I agree that it is not worth spending $25k more for it for our needs. For those wondering, the MDX was a disappointment in the infotainment dept, with the dual screen setup being something not thought out as well as I had hoped. Though it handled much better than the QX, we found the ride to be too bumpy with suspension noises on rough bumpy roads.

I have been lurking on this forum and the JX forum and for the most part members seem to be happy with this vehicle. My main concerns are the CVT (not a fan in general) and the fact that I feel it is a bit underpowered. Sure we are not buying this to race from stoplight to stoplight, but having say an extra 50hp would be nice when needed on the highway. Another concern is the mpg of the hybrid. It seems like most people are not happy with the returns as they are nowhere close to the EPA figures. Anyone know if we can expect changes on the 2015 model, with perhaps them throwing the 3.7 in the QX or making the Hybrid more like the ones from Toyota/Lexus allowing for more all electric mode? Also, when do the new model years come out? Aug? Sept? Oct? Any insight is appreciated as I'm thinking of holding off for the 2015 if changes will be coming, even something as simple as DRLs, LED interior lights, or having the home link/overhead console buttons lighted from the factory. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Punjab,

No clue about changes for next year, but we had some of the same considerations you identify and our choice came down to the MDX & the QX60.

I agree with your assessment of the MDX. I thought it handled more tightly, and the acceleration from the line was superior. But the dual screen set up I did not like. If you want to adjust, say, a seat heater, you must access a screen. Too much for me. The finish quality seem somewhat more plastic based as well. The factory roof rails are not compatible with any type of reasonable racking system/cargo box. We would have had to drill holes in a new $50,000 car. No chance.

We've put 2,000 miles or so on our QX. The CVT is sort of weird, but really not too big of a deal. Highway acceleration is more than adequate. I've driven it over our 11,000 foot passes at 80 MPH with no difficulty. It is a bit sluggish off the line, but frankly it is not the kind of car to be driven in that fashion anyway. My other car is highly powered and very fun to drive. We didn't get the QX for this purpose. I think is it more than adequately powered.

We stayed away from the Hybrid because the mileage benefits didn't seem to warrant the "upgrade." Also, it appeared to me that we would lose HP, and I was already concerned about that issue (unnecessarily as it turns out).

Good luck with your choice. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Punjab,

No clue about changes for next year, but we had some of the same considerations you identify and our choice came down to the MDX & the QX60.

I agree with your assessment of the MDX. I thought it handled more tightly, and the acceleration from the line was superior. But the dual screen set up I did not like. If you want to adjust, say, a seat heater, you must access a screen. Too much for me. The finish quality seem somewhat more plastic based as well. The factory roof rails are not compatible with any type of reasonable racking system/cargo box. We would have had to drill holes in a new $50,000 car. No chance.

We've put 2,000 miles or so on our QX. The CVT is sort of weird, but really not too big of a deal. Highway acceleration is more than adequate. I've driven it over our 11,000 foot passes at 80 MPH with no difficulty. It is a bit sluggish off the line, but frankly it is not the kind of car to be driven in that fashion anyway. My other car is highly powered and very fun to drive. We didn't get the QX for this purpose. I think is it more than adequately powered.

We stayed away from the Hybrid because the mileage benefits didn't seem to warrant the "upgrade." Also, it appeared to me that we would lose HP, and I was already concerned about that issue (unnecessarily as it turns out).

Good luck with your choice. :)
Appreciate the feedback! I agree with you that power and acceleration off the line is not our main priority for this vehicle. If I needed a jack of all trades vehicle I would likely buy a GL550 or a Cayenne Turbo if I didn't want 7 seats. Like you, I have two vehicles for speed: an A6 3.0T and a R8 V10. We may end up doing a family road trip to Cali mid August so I may buy a QX next month, but if any changes in 15 then will wait. As for the Hybrid vs 3.5, I am opting for the hybrid due to potential of better mpg, likely more torque due to having a supercharged engine and hybrid battery, and the fact it requires 87 vs 91 for the V6. Also, FYI in case you already weren't aware, a forced induction motor and a hybrid battery lose no power at altitude, whereas a naturally aspirated motor will. I think you will lose 20% or something like that for every 5000 ft in elevation on a N/A motor. Not the case with FI(forced induction).

·
Registered
422 Posts
I purchase the QX60 AWD Hybrid back in Feb; the vehicle it replaced was a 2010 Buick Enclave. The Enclave had a direct injected 283 HP V-6 with VVT. It was nice engine and had plenty of power, but it liked gas. I don't miss it, the supercharged 4 in the QX60 also has plenty of power and I find it as smooth and refined as the engine in the Enclave -- it doesn't display the typical 4 cylinder vibration and harshness. I live a top an 1100 foot hill and I actually like the CVT for climbing 6-7% inclines. It settles in at about 2200 PRM, and easily climbs inclines without having to kick down and scream – the CVT is always in the perfect gear. Besides, if a CVT really bothers you, you can select sport mode which causes it to behave like a typical transmission with gears.

I've been thrilled, but the city MPG is misleading...it's a function of how the EPA test works. Bottom-line, to get 25 MPG in city stop and go driving, you must drive with the climate system off (no fan or a/c), open the moon roof or windows, and select the vent setting. With the climate system off, my QX60 will run in EV mode every chance it gets. Today, I was actually cruising in EV mode on a level street at a steady 35 MPH. The engine stopped at all traffic lights, and anytime I coasted. Since it is a light Hybrid, the engine comes on anytime you need to accelerate; it won't do it in EV mode, but it can maintain a steady 35-40 MPH in EV mode with a light touch on the throttle on level ground. When I drive with the climate system off, I've been getting between 25-30 MPG in city stop and go driving (El Segundo/Manhattan Beach/Redondo Beach/Torrance, CA). The second I turn the fan on, I notice the engine will run more, even with the A/C off. I think this is because it has an ionization air cleaner that draws a lot of power. When I run the fan without A/C, I get closer to 25 MPG in city driving.

The one drawback to the current design is the A/C compressor is belt driven, and is not electrically driven. Thus, once I turn on the A/C the engine will rarely shut off, even at a stop light. It also spends very little time in EV mode (only in the right conditions, when the Air Compressor is not clutched to the engine drive belt). Instead, it will use the electric motor to assist the engine more. When the air conditioning is on, I've been getting more like 21-22 MPG in city driving (on level ground). That said, I have had no problem achieving 28 MPG on the Highway at a steady 70 MPH with the A/C on—so the highway MPG isn’t an issue at all.

Overall, I'm very happy with the fuel economy. I'm easy averaging at least 21 MPG (when I drive), and I live atop an 1100 foot hill. By comparison, my Enclave was averaging 14 MPG in the same conditions. Last but not least, I've been getting this mileage using 87 octane, not the 91 octane that the non-Hybrid QX60 requires.

I wouldn't expect a major redesign for another 3 years. My one recommendation to Infiniti would be to make the A/C compression electrically driven like the power steering pump. My second recommendation would be to up the HP rating of the electric motor in the transmission (it's only 20 HP now). I'd prefer 60HP electric motor that Infiniti uses in the Q50 hybrid. My final recommendation would be to make the useable Hybrid battery capacity a little bit bigger. Do that and I think the city MPG would easily eclipse 25 MPG even with the A/C on.

For now, if you want a 3 row SUV in a strong hybrid, your only choice is the 2014 Highlander. That's the vehicle I thought I wanted, but my wife and I were very disappointed in it. The 3 row was awful, the seat cushion is on the floor, and the interior was not comparable to the QX60. Also, the entertainment system in the Highlander is only available in the Limited edition, not the Platinum edition, and it is ceiling mounted like in the MDX. My wife and I really like the fact the theater system in our QX60 has the screens in both front seat head rest, so we don't have to stare at the back of the video monitor when we look in the rear view mirror.

Overall, I’m very happy with my purchase—we don’t miss the Enclave at all.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
If this car changes in any significant way for 2015, I'll eat my hat. Seriously, it is in its second model year and Infiniti almost never changes vehicles in less than 4 years. Or, in the case of the EX/QX50, they haven't changed it since 2008. There will not be new drivetrain options, nor will there be any notable changes to the major features.

Sheeple who "complain" that they don't like the CVT are merely echoing crap they've read from journalists. The same journalists who thought power steering was an awful invention back in the seventies. The same journalists who hated automatic transmissions when they came out. The same journalists who hated hybrids when they were introduced. In the two years this car has been out, I've sold over 100 of them. I don't have a single client who tells me they dislike the way the car drives. If new customers haven't read articles critiquing the acceleration or performance of the CVT, they make comments about how smooth it is and how nicely it accelerates. I still bring up the fact that its a CVT on test drives, but only to point out how the transmission selector effects performance.

The MDX is a great car too. Pick one. Neither is going to get changed significantly for a few years. Drive it and be happy. Drive your four ring circus cars if you want to go fast. Next year you can buy a Q70L with a V8 that will go faster than your A6, have way more room inside, and have maintenance costs that are half what your kraut-mobile costs.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I'll chirp in again with my experience with Nissan and Infiniti. We've owned 6 Nissans and 1 Infiniti and will be purchasing the next generation Nissan Rogue next week. Out of these vehicles, three had CVT transmissions. The first time I drove a car with a CVT I didn't pay attention to the "drone" that critics complain about, but did notice how smooth the car rode.

I've had the JX now for almost 2 years and have put 26,000 miles on it, with 8,500 miles on a cross country trip (with a fully loaded car and cargo box). I am still very pleased with the Infiniti's performance and love how smooth it rides. I switch between ECO, Standard and Sport modes all the time and feel that the car has plenty of power to get me out of trouble or to pass going up hill.

Out of all the cars I've ever owned, I've never experienced a major mechanical failure with a Nissan product and am so impressed with the quality of the JX. I have avoided buying a first year car because of a horrible experience with a first year Mazda MVP. We've had so much good luck with our previous Murano with the same engine and similar transmission (3.5L and CVT) that we pulled the trigger and purchased the JX. We have no regrets. I don't know if I would have purchased the hybrid if it came out last year, but sure wouldn't hesitate today if I were making the decision.

I do like Honda and Acura vehicles and know they are well built. I recommend you take a long test drive in what ever vehicle you are considering and do compare the technology in each. A CVT transmission will give you a smoother ride but with Infiniti's sport mode, you can mimick a standard transmission. I think you will find it hard to beat what Infiniti is offering for your money. I do think you get more for your money with Infiniti.

If I were towing a large trailer I would consider a vehicle with a standard transmission, but I'd make sure it was a heavy duty transmission designed for towing (I've replaced six transmissions in all my previous vehicles, none of which made it over 100,000 miles).

If you haven't researched CVT's, here is a YouTube video that shows the XTronic CVT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGEz5ETOElc

As for power, I feel the JX and QX with a 3.5L engine has more than adequate power. This is a big car. I have the 2.5 regular engine in our Rogue which is adequate for a car its size but cannot comment on how the Infiniti Hybrid performs with its 2.5L supercharged engine, but I'm sure its better than one would expect.

As Sinecure mentioned, I wouldn't expect much in the way of change in the upcoming year. Watching how Nissan and Infiniti makes changes to vehicles, I think they will be focusing on other models.

There is a lot of discussion on this forum as well as the Infinitijxforu.com and do recommend you use the search engine if you have a specific topic that you don't see in the current threads. From what I've seen, the issues customers have had with each year models have pretty much been taken care of by Infiniti. They do seem to stand by their vehicles. I do think some of the problems that haven't been dealt with according to some are dealer-specific issues.

One last thought. Consider the cost of maintenance over the long term. Infiniti/Nissan, Acura/Honda, Lexus/Toyota have more dealerships to work on their vehicles where the European cars you are pretty much limited. I can service my JX at a Nissan dealership when I'm not near Infiniti. As much as I like MB, I used to choke on having our M Class serviced and repaired.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My main concerns are the CVT (not a fan in general) and the fact that I feel it is a bit underpowered.
I don't see any reason to be worried about the CVT. In my book, there is either a stickshift or a slush-box. Once you go slush, it makes little difference as to how that box operates. The only time you notice that it is not a regular auto but a CVT is during full throttle acceleration. The CVT is not good or bad, it is just different from what people are used to. If anything, the CVT does not 'lurch' like regular autos do between gear changes due to the discontinuous change in acceleration. At other times, you barely even notice it.

As far as power goes, if someone is looking for more power in a 4k lbs+ tall vehicle, they are either driving the wrong class of car or driving recklessly. My other car was a G37x (which could have done with even more power!) but never have I felt the need for more power in the QX60.

Another concern is the mpg of the hybrid. It seems like most people are not happy with the returns as they are nowhere close to the EPA figures.
If I were you, I would skip the hybrid and get the regular gasser. You will gain almost nothing from the hybrid and get a car with a much clunkier driving experience. Toyota is the only company that has finessed the hybrid powertrain. I drove the QX60 hybrid, and have driven an M hybrid often, and the refinement is simply not there.

The hybrid is a desperate attempt to juice up the terrible mileage on Nissan's gas models and to hit some fleetwide mileage goals required by law. The upside in mileage does not justify the premium paid, not to mention the worse driving experience.

Anyone know if we can expect changes on the 2015 model, with perhaps them throwing the 3.7 in the QX or making the Hybrid more like the ones from Toyota/Lexus allowing for more all electric mode?
There will be almost certainly nothing more than a few cosmetic changes. The mileage on the 3.7 is worse and it is even less refined, so not happening. The hybrid drivetrain (as mentioned above) is reflective of a technological gap with Toyota that Nissan is yet to bridge. And the QX60 will certainly NOT be the first vehicle they roll out a new and improved drivetrain in, if at all.

Infiniti is dealing with a lot of issues now - namely a new G coupe, refreshed M, F and E models under the Q brand and a new entry level car to compete with the A3, CLA, 1-series, ILX and CT. Those precious development dollars will certainly not be redirected towards a recently developed QX60/JX.

Plus, the new MDX is barely incremental to the old MDX - despite their (understandable) 'COMPLETELY-NEW' marketing. This has likely eased the pressure to do much with the QX60 anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't see any reason to be worried about the CVT. In my book, there is either a stickshift or a slush-box. Once you go slush, it makes little difference as to how that box operates. The only time you notice that it is not a regular auto but a CVT is during full throttle acceleration. The CVT is not good or bad, it is just different from what people are used to. If anything, the CVT does not 'lurch' like regular autos do between gear changes due to the discontinuous change in acceleration. At other times, you barely even notice it.

As far as power goes, if someone is looking for more power in a 4k lbs+ tall vehicle, they are either driving the wrong class of car or driving recklessly. My other car was a G37x (which could have done with even more power!) but never have I felt the need for more power in the QX60.

If I were you, I would skip the hybrid and get the regular gasser. You will gain almost nothing from the hybrid and get a car with a much clunkier driving experience. Toyota is the only company that has finessed the hybrid powertrain. I drove the QX60 hybrid, and have driven an M hybrid often, and the refinement is simply not there.

The hybrid is a desperate attempt to juice up the terrible mileage on Nissan's gas models and to hit some fleetwide mileage goals required by law. The upside in mileage does not justify the premium paid, not to mention the worse driving experience.

There will be almost certainly nothing more than a few cosmetic changes. The mileage on the 3.7 is worse and it is even less refined, so not happening. The hybrid drivetrain (as mentioned above) is reflective of a technological gap with Toyota that Nissan is yet to bridge. And the QX60 will certainly NOT be the first vehicle they roll out a new and improved drivetrain in, if at all.

Infiniti is dealing with a lot of issues now - namely a new G coupe, refreshed M, F and E models under the Q brand and a new entry level car to compete with the A3, CLA, 1-series, ILX and CT. Those precious development dollars will certainly not be redirected towards a recently developed QX60/JX.

Plus, the new MDX is barely incremental to the old MDX - despite their (understandable) 'COMPLETELY-NEW' marketing. This has likely eased the pressure to do much with the QX60 anyway.
sandydeb, I was with you until the last paragraph. How is "the new MDX barely incremental to the old MDX"? You must have a really high bar on what you would call a redesign.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sandydeb, I was with you until the last paragraph. How is "the new MDX barely incremental to the old MDX"? You must have a really high bar on what you would call a redesign.
They gained some weight savings through frame redesign and threw in a weaker corporate V6 that ends up getting better mileage. Swell.

But they still failed to address the biggest upside (some) people were looking for - more space. Specifically a 3rd row (in what is labelled a 3-row vehicle) that is actually hospitable to adults. They did not even get there.

Not to mention that the sheet metal is little changed and the interior is a big dollop of meh.

Great for a mid-cycle refresh but not quote a 'complete redesign.'

As I said, why do you think does their marketing keep hyping the 'completely redesigned' phrase? They are having problems convincing people of the same.

Not that I blame them though. The MDX was selling extremely well and why fix - or spend too much money developing - something that ain't broke?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I will have to do a back to back test drive of the hybrid and the regular gasser. Anyone know if the ugly 3.5 badges on the side of the gasser are easily removable. They are nowhere near as cool as the V10 badges on the side of my R8. LOL.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They gained some weight savings through frame redesign and threw in a weaker corporate V6 that ends up getting better mileage. Swell.

But they still failed to address the biggest upside (some) people were looking for - more space. Specifically a 3rd row (in what is labelled a 3-row vehicle) that is actually hospitable to adults. They did not even get there.

Not to mention that the sheet metal is little changed and the interior is a big dollop of meh.

Great for a mid-cycle refresh but not quote a 'complete redesign.'

As I said, why do you think does their marketing keep hyping the 'completely redesigned' phrase? They are having problems convincing people of the same.

Not that I blame them though. The MDX was selling extremely well and why fix - or spend too much money developing - something that ain't broke?
Agree that the MDX is a disappointment as a family vehicle. I tried one out for a few days and the new infotainment/dual screen setup, fake wood, and cramped third row were a huge disappointment. Also, being a sports car guy, though I liked its handling and feel, I felt the ride was too stiff/jarring over bumpy roads for a SUV. Only positives were the LED headlights, good mpg, and driving feel compared to QX60.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well have been thinking long and hard about this entire SUV decision. I want to start by saying trying to find an "ideal" SUV for our needs has been such a pain in the rear. Much easier when I am shopping sedans and sports cars, perhaps because I am more accustomed to them or perhaps I feel that the latest/best tech hits the cars first with the SUVs lagging.

So after pretty much looking at every SUV out there within our criteria (and having to change the criteria in the process), here are our three finalists:

1. BMW X5 - love the interior, am a big BMW fan, only negative is lack of space in third row and higher price

2. Infiniti QX60 3.5 - I am very concerned about the transmission having read all of the issues with the Nissan CVT across their entire lineup. The problem is definitely there so let's not pretend it is rare.

3. Lexus RX450h - We have had great experience with Lexus, great reliability, solid build quality, best Hybrid system in its class. No third row however.

So basically we will likely decide between these three. I have always purchased our vehicles, but if we do decide to go the route of the Infiniti I think I will lease due to the potential transmission quirks. If I get one with all the packages (MSRP of around $57k), what should the lease rate be for a 36 month lease? I have never leased so no idea if I would be getting a "good" lease vs not so good. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well have been thinking long and hard about this entire SUV decision. I want to start by saying trying to find an "ideal" SUV for our needs has been such a pain in the rear. Much easier when I am shopping sedans and sports cars, perhaps because I am more accustomed to them or perhaps I feel that the latest/best tech hits the cars first with the SUVs lagging.

So after pretty much looking at every SUV out there within our criteria (and having to change the criteria in the process), here are our three finalists:

1. BMW X5 - love the interior, am a big BMW fan, only negative is lack of space in third row and higher price

2. Infiniti QX60 3.5 - I am very concerned about the transmission having read all of the issues with the Nissan CVT across their entire lineup. The problem is definitely there so let's not pretend it is rare.

3. Lexus RX450h - We have had great experience with Lexus, great reliability, solid build quality, best Hybrid system in its class. No third row however.

So basically we will likely decide between these three. I have always purchased our vehicles, but if we do decide to go the route of the Infiniti I think I will lease due to the potential transmission quirks. If I get one with all the packages (MSRP of around $57k), what should the lease rate be for a 36 month lease? I have never leased so no idea if I would be getting a "good" lease vs not so good. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
I have never leased as well, but my understanding is that you still negotiate the best purchase price since rest are typically set by the manufacturer and not negotiable. If RX hybrid is what you want but it lacks 3 row, a QX60 lease may work out great for you. If rumors coming out today are correct, a Lexus TX will be waiting for you when you come off the QX60 lease. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I always buy, but if you decide to lease, Edmunds has a good tutorial on how they work:

Calculate Your Own Car Lease Payment on Edmunds.com

Bottom-line, you can negotiate the lease terms (sale price, residual value, money factor, lease term, mileage, rent charge, etc.) just like on a purchase. The better your credit rating, the better deal you can negotiate.

Here is a lease calculator that will allow you to enter your terms, so you can see what the lease payment would be.

Auto Lease Calculator at Edmunds.com

Recommend you read up on leases and get very familiar with how they work before you go to the dealership.

Good luck.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Good links, it always helps understanding this, I think even Jalopnik had an article on this stuff too. best to do the math before buying in and signing your life away

·
Registered
61 Posts
wow, I didn't know the X5 had a third row seat.... cool!

anyway, the fail rate for the QX60 CVT isn't that high. you would have to be really lucky to end up with a shuddering CVT. My guess is maybe 1 out of 100? worth the risk for sure.... besides, they fail early, within the first few thousand miles. so you are covered under warranty.

loving my QX60 so far!

·
Registered
313 Posts
cool!

besides, they fail early, within the first few thousand miles. so you are covered under warranty.

That's still for some not acceptable. Many buy new vehicles, some often like 2-3 years, to not be inconvenienced with trips to their dealership. Especially trips where you are without your own vehicle for a week or more that involves dropping and replacing a whole transmission. This should have been addressed and rectified so it's a non issue at this point in the manufacturing process of pathfinders/qx60's.

I had a 2001 Acura TL Type S way back, many cars ago, and had to have the transmission replaced when Honda/Acura had that problem. The car never drove properly after having that major of work done... I'm enjoying my QX60, quirks aside, because it was the best sized vehicle when comparing it to others available right now but in 2-3 years I just don't know. I may seriously look elsewhere if infinity doesn't make the QX60, or whatever replaces it, feel more like an Infiniti and not a Nissan with a few touches.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's still for some not acceptable. Many buy new vehicles, some often like 2-3 years, to not be inconvenienced with trips to their dealership. Especially trips where you are without your own vehicle for a week or more that involves dropping and replacing a whole transmission. This should have been addressed and rectified so it's a non issue at this point in the manufacturing process of pathfinders/qx60's.

I had a 2001 Acura TL Type S way back, many cars ago, and had to have the transmission replaced when Honda/Acura had that problem. The car never drove properly after having that major of work done... I'm enjoying my QX60, quirks aside, because it was the best sized vehicle when comparing it to others available right now but in 2-3 years I just don't know. I may seriously look elsewhere if infinity doesn't make the QX60, or whatever replaces it, feel more like an Infiniti and not a Nissan with a few touches.
I hear you on the "Nissan with a few touches" aspect. I took my wife today to test drive the new X5 and the QX60 back to back. The interior of the X5 is vastly superior and when I sat in the QX this time the dash just looked like three giant pieces of rubber and plastic compared to the very elegant and clean design of the X5. I also noticed the QX60 had a LOT more road noise on the same roads. Of course the X5 costs a decent bit more, but you do get what you pay for. I think most likely we will get a X5 at this point.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I've priced out a fully loaded X5 and it was a huge difference over the JX35/QX60. I did think the Infiniti had better technology for the money but it is very hard to beat the quality of the X5. Let us know what you end up with and how the technology compares on the new model.

Best wishes on your purchase.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We also considered X5 - test drove both turbo 6 & 8 - plenty of power in both and smooth. Yes you pay a premium for it but in the end we need a third row seat - the X5 third row is more like little jumper seats, tiny compared to the QX.
I'm partial to BMW's owning them for 25 years - they've got their own set of "quirks", as do all cars.
But in the end it was ultimately my wife as the final decision maker and we're very happy with what the QX brings to the table.
She's happy, so I'm happy.
That extra 40k we saved? I went and bought my M5 , so I'm very happy!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts