Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2014 QX60 AWD.

I tried searching the forums but couldn't find an answer to my question.

Does anyone know the minimum rotor thickness for the OEM front and rear rotors? I plan on changing my brake pads this weekend and would like to know if anyone knows the minimum rotor thickness before I even attempt to remove the tires. Thank you!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2014 QX60 AWD.

Does anyone know the minimum rotor thickness for the OEM front and rear rotors? I plan on changing my brake pads this weekend and would like to know if anyone knows the minimum rotor thickness before I even attempt to remove the tires. Thank you!

My dealership recommends new pads at 4mm, they didn’t clarify rotor thickness. I bought new pads and rotors so that I can replace them myself, however I’m waiting for the wear squeal to make noise. This may be wrong, but replacing the pads/rotors early feels like wasting money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2018 and just changed our rotors and pads best option imo as the OEM pads are just too light for it. We went Bosch all around much better stooping
Hello,

I have a 2014 QX60 AWD.

·
Registered
475 Posts
On my 2014 hybrid, at the 90K service I was informed I still have 6mm on the factory front pads. Amazing.

The rear pads were replaced at 69K, and have 6mm left on them. Rear pads wear faster than front, I assume it has to do with the driver assist package using the rear brakes to maintain distance.

·
Registered
663 Posts
On my 2014 hybrid, at the 90K service I was informed I still have 6mm on the factory front pads. Amazing.

The rear pads were replaced at 69K, and have 6mm left on them. Rear pads wear faster than front, I assume it has to do with the driver assist package using the rear brakes to maintain distance.
Very similar to mine. I'm coming up on the 2nd rear brake job, but fronts are still fine at 140k. Never had car brakes that lasted this long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts