Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if we have a speed governor / limiter on these cars? Speedometer goes to 160 but I felt pretty tapped out at 121. Not that I need a family SUV to go any faster, just curious. By comparison my Mustang has speedometer going to 160 and car is limited to 149. Google wasn't very useful on this. Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
33 Posts
While I'm curious for the answer, I'll say I have not had my 17 QX60 above 96 and doubt I'll cross the triple digit threshold very often. The roads I use typically don't have speed limits above 70 *cough* and there is enough traffic & PD presence to minimize opportunities for truly excessive speed.

I've also noticed MPG falls off at speeds a bit over 75.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't make it a habit of going above 70mph, I like cruising at 60-70mph. Do not recommend anyone go into triple digits in this vehicle.

Just curious :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
I hit 85 mph daily in Dallas (highway 121), but I've never been over 95. I've been curious about the same question.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, for sure we know 121mph is doable. Mode of transport Night Light Road Lighting

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting. So I hit the governor max speed. Cool.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
3 Posts
Theoretical? Wha??? How did you get to that number?

@ automobile-catalog website.

I believe there is a specific data source that collects this kind of info for all cars. They also calculate theoretical speed per gear, simulated top speed with load, 1/4 eta, etc. I found some data are a little bit inaccurate though - esp some of the quarter mile estimates, but they're close.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if we have a speed governor / limiter on these cars? Speedometer goes to 160 but I felt pretty tapped out at 121. Not that I need a family SUV to go any faster, just curious. By comparison my Mustang has speedometer going to 160 and car is limited to 149. Google wasn't very useful on this. Thanks!

The speed tops out at 120, I got a 2016 qx60 and the best i got was 125 downhill redline. It won’t go past 120 on flat road and mpg drops after 70-75 mph. These things are tanks and i don’t think they want them goin over 120 into another car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Keep in mind that the speedometer is not that accurate. Usually off by -5% to keep you safer from getting a ticket.
This is a common design across most cars, avoids having nuisance lawsuits from owners.

A non-integrated GPS (your phone or Garmin) will be your more accurate verification of relative speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts