Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a pre-owned 2019 Luxe with about 17k miles. First month it ran great, but now we are experiencing the following:

While trying to maintain a steady speed between about 25-40 mph, we accelerate ever so slightly just to maintain speed. While we are accelerating that tiny bit, the RPMs actually go down. Put another way, if we are rolling down the road at say 30mph, and I take my foot off the accelerator, the RPMs are steady around 1,250. As soon as we accelerate SLIGHTLY to maintain speed, the RPMs DROP to about 1,000-1,100, and the car rumbles/vibrates. If I give it just a bit more gas, the RPMs break free and increase normally. I know this might sound like a subtle annoyance, but I never realized how much we actually need to accelerate so slightly to maintain speed. The car was not doing this a month ago. We've put only premium gas in.

Otherwise, the transmission seems to be responding normally.

Before we go back to the dealer, anybody know what we might be dealing with here?

Many thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
Rumbling and vibrating is not normal. My guess, and this is a guess, is you’ve got a bad torque converter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Torque converter no, but there is a bulletin on this from Infiniti and it is the differential coupling. It has a shudder or vibration at slow speeds or when turning. It’s around a 1300 dollar part but I found several new ones oem on eBay for 340

1 - 3 of 3 Posts