Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 6 months, it looks like ill be giving up the qx60.
Here are some of my observations in the last 6 mos.

--Rattles, rattles, rattles. I knew that this car was possibly plagued with rattles from reading previous reviews, but I guess I thought I would escape that. I never had a new car that rattled like this. One rattle right behind the large control knob in the center dash area, another in the a-pillar, and another in the door. Intermittent they all are. Dealership of course would just state non reproducible after driving it--even though I have over 10 minutes of various videos demonstrating it.

--Customer service from service dept is just not what I am accustomed to (Lexus, BMW)--this really does not play a role in my decision making but its just one more negative. Trying to get a loaner is a 3-5 day wait. When my AWD went out one week after I bought it, they told me its probably just because of the extreme cold and they see a lot of that--when i insisted they check it out anyway, turns out it needed repair with a few sensors that were inoperative.

--The real pain more than anything is when accelerating the car, the car all of a sudden drops acceleration and you're left sitting there with very little acceleration. The only solution is to let of the gas, and then accelerate again. I was told by service this is normal. I tried to live with it, but can't. Beyond annoying. The car is already very underpowered regardless of what mode you're driving in, but this just adds insult to injury.

--The quality of the back up cameral is about as bad as I've ever seen on any car. You can only view it in half screen, and the resolution is miserable. The surround camera is a nice thing to have, but once again the resolution is miserable. The service dept says they get a lot of complaints about that.

--The tailgate is simply beyond painfully slow. Its even mentioned in some reviews--just go have some lunch and when you're done it will be finished either raising or lowering.

--Comfort...I honestly believe that there is no suv out there more comfortable than this one. Extremely comfortable!!

--Space everywhere inside--nice and roomy.

--Not being able to unlock and lock cars from the rear door handles is a pain. Having to push a button on the handles rather than just put your hand inside the handle area is a pain.

--infotainment center really is not that bad compared to many other high-end car brands out there.

--Most of you will be very very unhappy with its resale value--nobody wants this car. Ive had 5 quotes from various dealers, and its shocking.

Like I said, these are just my own opinions and observations. Im sure many feel otherwise.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'll pot my replies in RED below.

After 6 months, it looks like ill be giving up the qx60.
Here are some of my observations in the last 6 mos.

--Rattles, rattles, rattles. I knew that this car was possibly plagued with rattles from reading previous reviews, but I guess I thought I would escape that. I never had a new car that rattled like this. One rattle right behind the large control knob in the center dash area, another in the a-pillar, and another in the door. Intermittent they all are. Dealership of course would just state non reproducible after driving it--even though I have over 10 minutes of various videos demonstrating it.

Luckily, I never had rattles in mine.

--Customer service from service dept is just not what I am accustomed to (Lexus, BMW)--this really does not play a role in my decision making but its just one more negative. Trying to get a loaner is a 3-5 day wait. When my AWD went out one week after I bought it, they told me its probably just because of the extreme cold and they see a lot of that--when i insisted they check it out anyway, turns out it needed repair with a few sensors that were inoperative.

I never really had to use the service department for anything other than an oil change and the recall and my experience wasn't bad. But again, it was for minor in and out stuff.

--The real pain more than anything is when accelerating the car, the car all of a sudden drops acceleration and you're left sitting there with very little acceleration. The only solution is to let of the gas, and then accelerate again. I was told by service this is normal. I tried to live with it, but can't. Beyond annoying. The car is already very underpowered regardless of what mode you're driving in, but this just adds insult to injury.

I had a hybrid QX60 and it had to be the worst accelerating from a stop hybrid and vehicle in general I've ever owned. The drop in power at take off was annoying to say the least.

--The quality of the back up cameral is about as bad as I've ever seen on any car. You can only view it in half screen, and the resolution is miserable. The surround camera is a nice thing to have, but once again the resolution is miserable. The service dept says they get a lot of complaints about that.

Yes, not the best quality. Usable but poor resolution. The new 2016 Volvo XC90 has birds eye camera's and their image is amazingly crystal clear.

--The tailgate is simply beyond painfully slow. Its even mentioned in some reviews--just go have some lunch and when you're done it will be finished either raising or lowering.

Agree, slow as heck. My neighbor who owned a MB ML350 before and now also owns a QX60 commented to me how slow it is. Painfully slow.

--Comfort...I honestly believe that there is no suv out there more comfortable than this one. Extremely comfortable!!

Drive the new 2016 Volvo XC90. Hands down the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in in a vehicle. I know they're comfortable, I now own a 2016 Volvo XC90 First Edition. My prior QX60 is still in the family though.

--Space everywhere inside--nice and roomy.

Like above, the new XC90 is very nice. The legroom isn't as much when you look at the numbers on paper but when you sit in it, because of the seating positions being so superb, it just makes for a lot of room. I thought it would be WAY worse but it is far from being a negative. But I'll admit, for general space in a vehicle the QX60 is amazingly good.

--Not being able to unlock and lock cars from the rear door handles is a pain. Having to push a button on the handles rather than just put your hand inside the handle area is a pain.

I know where you're coming from but I just never had an issue with me, again, me personally.

--infotainment center really is not that bad compared to many other high-end car brands out there.

It worked for what it needed to do but it IMO needs a serious upgrade to compete with the new 'stuff' coming out.

--Most of you will be very very unhappy with its resale value--nobody wants this car. Ive had 5 quotes from various dealers, and its shocking.

I didn't trade nor sell mine on the open market so if you wouldn't mind sharing, what was your sticker price, what you actually paid and the offers you got for trade in's.

Like I said, these are just my own opinions and observations. Im sure many feel otherwise.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I agree with many of your comments, and a lot of this has to deal with Nissan playing in the luxury market.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get for the trade in value?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts