Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really hoping to learn about the Infiniti QX60. Really glad to be here.

Looking to make my purchase pretty soon, and just wanted to get familiar with the car. From there I would like to keep up to date on everything I might need to know. Always good to learn more.

Any advice for a newbie would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Welcome to the forum and you've found the best forum for the QX60. I've been moderating this forum since the beginning and also the earlier InfinitiJX35 forum. I can tell you that just about every issue and item about this car have been discussed. I've owned the JX and traded it in for the 2016 QX60 (both fully equipped). I love the car and still feel its a great touring car and its perfect for around town shopping.

Infiniti is the first to incorporate the backup collision braking system which is an excellent feature. Fuel milage is not bad for a heavy car. There was a problem with the transmission shuddering at low speeds on earlier models and that issue has been taken care of. In 2016 the front end got a face lift, better sound proofing, better handling and a few other minor enhancements. For 2017 they added the slide your foot under the back bumper to open the lift gate, updated infotainment system and the engine now puts out 295 HP vs. the 265 HP on previous models.

I recommend you watch a few YouTube videos on the 2016 and 2017 models (there are quite a few out there). Fast Lane Cars does pretty unbiased reviews and Motor Week just did the 2017 review which is short and to the point. Also, Forbes recently rated the top 15 cars that are holding their resale value after 3 years and the QX60 came in at 53% which put it in the top 5.

Please feel free to search the forum for anything specific and also don't hesitate to ask questions if you can't find what you are looking for.

Good luck and thank you for joining the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recommend you watch a few YouTube videos on the 2016 and 2017 models (there are quite a few out there).
Is there any that you would recommend above others, or is what shows up on the top pretty much the best?

And if there is a specific quality youtube channel that you return to that would be great too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I love Alex on Autos videos. He is probably the only one who puts out new 15-30 minutes car videos each week. I enjoy watching them.

Motor Week on the other hand can give raving reviews to a shopping cart. Not that I disagree with their QX60's review, but I rarely hear them saying negative about a car.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
You are spot on. Alex does a complete overview and really understands the vehicles he is presenting whereas Motor Week tends to be more of a commercial. I do like Fast Lane Car reviews since they test the crap out of the vehicles and in all kinds of conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts