Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was looking at pictures of the Q30 from Frankfurt and i noticed something the QX60 and Q30 distinctly share, and something i hope transitions to the rest of the QX lineup...

notice the little notch or crescent in the C pillars of both the QX60 and the Q30, as far as i know there is no other maker in the industry who has a shapely styled C pillar...

I hope when the redesigned QX60 shows its face it pushes the limits even further, maybe drawing some of the Q30's swoopyness into its own belt line.. With a little more curvature through the belt line Infiniti could make the QX60 appear to be a much smaller car than it actually is...

·
Registered
210 Posts
all part of the infiniti design language.

flows well with the curve of the car. the jx/qx60 is a nice car for the size. most cars of this size just look like boxes.

·
Registered
295 Posts
any idea if this will make it to any of the sedans? i think if done right it can look good on a sedan and not just on a SUV or crossover

·
Registered
10 Posts
Arch on the C pillar is appearing on all the infiniti's I wouldn't be surprised if all the other refreshed models coming up will have the same.

·
Registered
323 Posts
any idea if this will make it to any of the sedans? i think if done right it can look good on a sedan and not just on a SUV or crossover
sedan's will have a c-pillar that's like the Q50's

there's no way they can make a Q30/QX60 style c-pillar work on sedans, it would just look really awkward. it's more suitable on hatches and SUV's.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all part of the infiniti design language.

flows well with the curve of the car. the jx/qx60 is a nice car for the size. most cars of this size just look like boxes.
most cars this size are based on pickup trucks, so they tend to carry the high boxy belt line. The QX60 is a unibody, meaning the designers had more freedom when styling the vehicle...

·
Registered
210 Posts
agreed. I'm curious if Infiniti will be able to make the QX80 any less boxy with the design revamp. The QX80 is still body on frame.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The bend in the C pillar makes the models look really sporty. You get a better roofline and the lip over the back window looks almost like a spoiler. They should be able to use that detail on all the vehicles that are crossovers, hatchbacks or SUVs.

·
Registered
323 Posts
agreed. I'm curious if Infiniti will be able to make the QX80 any less boxy with the design revamp. The QX80 is still body on frame.
you actually think the QX80 design is boxy?

Compared to other SUV's, one being the Escalade, I actually think the QX80 is really curvy. Following a similar design language as the Q30 and Q50 it would be even more curvy but it just wont be the same if you know what i mean....being in a whole different segment and targeted at a whole different crowd.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That is true. Compared to the domestic trucks and even other japanese competitors its not as boxy but It definitely is boxier than anything else Infiniti makes. I guess that is the sacrifice of getting the most interior space.

·
Registered
323 Posts
That is true. Compared to the domestic trucks and even other japanese competitors its not as boxy but It definitely is boxier than anything else Infiniti makes. I guess that is the sacrifice of getting the most interior space.
The boxiness of the QX80 does help it with achieving the "boss" look that comes with a premium SUV like this, it works in it's favor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts