Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2015 QX60. We are having an issue with the power lift gate. It seems to only open/close when the engine is running, or for a few minutes after it is turned off. This is consistent with all 3 methods of operation (remote button, door button, front dash button). We've tried toggling the power switch off and on. Is there a vehicle setting that was changed, or some sort of bigger problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2014 QX60. Infiniti replaced the entire motor/module bc it was not repairable - just past factory warranty but they covered it for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Turns out my battery was bad. Read in the manual that the liftgate may not operate if battery voltage is low. I switched it out and it's back to normal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ran across this today as well. I had all 5 doors open while I detailed the interior. A couple of hours later the rear hatch wouldn't close. I started the car and it barely started like the battery was dying. Once the car was running the rear door closed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Similar thing happened to my wife last winter. The car was parked for few days and the battery was get old so when she returned from a trip she opened up the rear lift gate then put her luggage inside. After the lift gate closed she tried to start the car but there battery was to weak and the car didn't want to start. We have jumper cables in the back but at this point the battery was too weak to open the rear lift gate so she had to crawl in through the front to open the hatch lock to get into the jumper cables to boost the battery.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts