Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my JX35 rear license place light bulb with LED light, but I can't find a way to reach them. any suggestions? my biggest challenge is taking the top Chrome piece off without breaking it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You have to take off the panel on the inside of the liftgate to get to the license plate bulbs. It pops off in multiple spots, it takes a good tug and more tugs to keep popping it off. Once you do this to replace one you may as well go LED in my opinion. I've posted elsewhere on here what bulb I used to do mine. They are Sylvania ones off ebay. I like them because they are a brand name and LAST, whereas ones I got from places like ebay or even vleds eventually crap out.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You have to take off the panel on the inside of the liftgate to get to the license plate bulbs. It pops off in multiple spots, it takes a good tug and more tugs to keep popping it off. Once you do this to replace one you may as well go LED in my opinion. I've posted elsewhere on here what bulb I used to do mine. They are Sylvania ones off ebay. I like them because they are a brand name and LAST, whereas ones I got from places like ebay or even vleds eventually crap out.
Sylvania is a great brand, and i have found that most auto stores carry them, so you really can't go wrong, if one blows, you can likely easily find it locally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts