Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

LED and HID Upgrade for a 2017 Infiniti QX60

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mikedexion 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, just thought I’d share my experience upgrading for a more modern/luxury look on the QX60 and I definitely had fun with this project and I encourage everyone else who wants to do it to get it done as it looks very sharp!

First let me go over the tools needed.
1)Trim/Door panel removal tool. I got one from the Auroparts store for $10
2)10mm deep socket and ratchet, also from the auto parts store.
——
Lights used:
  1. Auxito 3030SMD 7443 bulbs yellow and red
  2. eBay LED interior Kit for Infiniti QX60, I used all the bulbs in this kit (about $20 give or take) except the reverse lights and license plate lights.
  3. Power T10 921 Reverse LED bulbs
  4. Sylvania T10 168/194 License plate LED. These are available at most Auto parts stores

5. Koito 35WD2S HID-Xenon bulbs from autohausaz.com
  6. 6250
  7. 6251

There are plenty of YouTube and other web platform instructions on how to access and replace the bulbs so I won’t go into a long drawn out post about it here. I’ll just summarize:
To get the interior stuff, just use a plastic trim too to pry stuff open. For the under-dash lights you might wanna get some clear tape and wrap it around the bulbs to yank them out.

For the Rear turn signals grab the 10mm socket after prying off the plastic cover. Take the bolts out and remove the taillight to replace bulbs.

For the front you’ll probably need to grab a nice drink of choice as you will be here for maybe 45mins...
you’ll have to take your trim removal tool to unseat the clips on the right and left plastic covers that are sitting on the edges of the engine bay. After that, take the clip off the washer fluid tube and take that out.
You should have room to get to the headlight and front signal bulbs now. (Note on the driver side there will be a fusebox you need to unclip and move out of the way. No tools needed for this)
Replacing the front signals are easy, twist the harness and then remove/replace bulbs
For the headlight bulbs you’ll have to take off the dust cover, just twist slightly and pull with the little piece that sticks out.
Next the igniter needs to be twisted off and lay it out of the way.
Next unclip the bulb holder. Since you really can’t see what you’re doing here you’ll have to feel for it. Feel for the clips that are holding the bulb. At the top sorta squeeze the clip towards the bulb and towards the bumper at the same time and you’ll get them off.
Then just yank out the bulb and replace with the new ones.
Keep in mind the return wire on the Xenon bulb needs to be facing down while you insert the new bulbs. The bulb has notches that can only fit one way while you are inserting them so don’t worry about misaligning them. Once that’s done, clip them back, put the igniter back and twist-lock them back on the bulbs... Dust Cover back on and that’s it!! Now you put the plastic stuff back in place and that fusebox on the drivers side.
Another tip, when putting the clips back into their various places try to separate the nail part of the clip from the holder so the little legs on the bottom can be close to each other for easier insertion.
——

After all was said and done I’m very happy with the results. The Turn signal bulbs DO NOT HYPERFLASH which is great since no resistors are needed for normal operation. The bulbs are brighter than stock but not blindingly bright. They have a OEM brightness to them.
I went with Sylvania bulbs for the license plate because I didn’t want brighter than stock, just the white color and these are high quality led bulbs.
——
The Koito Xenon bulbs are brighter than the stock Philips 85122 bulbs and they are whiter... Keep in mind they will reach peak brightness after about 20-30hrs and become even whiter.

Heres a quick YouTube video taken in broad daylight so you can see how they function at daytime. I will take a night video later on!

See less See more
1 5
#4 · (Edited)
Update: These are the LED’s I use for Turn signals
Front:
Gadget Font Communication Device Gesture Rectangle

SIRIUSLED RLS 7440 7440A Built in Resistor Anti Hyper flashing LED Bulb Turn Signal Light Amber Orange Color Full Aluminum Body Single Filament Error Free Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084C23DT...abc_PFPA85ABG1TNNWQW6180?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Rear:
Liquid Product Automotive lighting Font Rectangle

JDM ASTAR Super Bright PX Chips 7440 7441 7443 7444 Red Brake LED Bulb https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XTDBVW...abc_J9Q56FXDHYF56JZ77QEF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They are bright but not blinding. No hyperflashing or overheating issues.

#9 ·
Update: These are the LED’s I use for Turn signals
Front:

SIRIUSLED RLS 7440 7440A Built in Resistor Anti Hyper flashing LED Bulb Turn Signal Light Amber Orange Color Full Aluminum Body Single Filament Error Free Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084C23DT...abc_PFPA85ABG1TNNWQW6180?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Rear:

JDM ASTAR Super Bright PX Chips 7440 7441 7443 7444 Red Brake LED Bulb https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XTDBVW...abc_J9Q56FXDHYF56JZ77QEF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They are bright but not blinding. No hyperflashing or overheating issues.
Hi mikedexion, i was wondering if there was a specific reason you went for a different turn signal LED for the front and back - other than the color difference.

#5 ·
Sounds like Rhett Walker on the radio! (y)
looks good. do you have night pics of the headlights?
i actually upgraded mine to the OSRAM Xenarc Cool Blue Boost bulbs.. and i love them
i changed all my interior bulbs to the HELLA 921 5k, everything looks awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.