Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my qx60 in 2015 and have only 16k miles on it. But the rear left absorber is already leaking oil ( I am not sure why cause I have never driven it in any offroad conditions). Can I drive it with leaking absorber or should I immediately replace it?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I'd go see your dealer and see if that's covered under warranty. If you've been driving it normally, that's not normal. I'd also want them to check the rest of the suspension to make sure there isn't something else also wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not felt any problem until I took it to the dealer for regular oil change. Nothing was wrong with comfort so far. The dealer employee lifted the car and after some inspecton found the left rear absorber is wet with oil. It turned out that the warranty covers shock absorbers only for the first two years and I got mine 2,5 years ago, so the warranty is not available anymore and an absorber costs around $200 . Why would an absorber only 2,5 years old leak if it had not been in any acident or offroad conditions?! Can I claim that it is a factory fault?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Make a bit of a stink about it with your service advisor. See what he/she says. I really don't know the details of how that part of the dealership works, but this strikes me as a goodwill issue for Infiniti - especially if there's no evidence that you abused the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts