Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday I drove to LAX from San Diego and on the way, the lane departure warning failed. I had the Lane departure prevention turned on along with the other 2 safety "features". So going on the high way everything was fine and all of a sudden the warning message comes out and says LDW failure, please see the manual. This disabled LDW and DCA(?), whatever the system right below it is, Yellow color instead of normal white. I couldn't reengage the safety features during the drive. So when I got to LAX, parked, shut down the car and restarted it again and the warning disappeared as if nothing ever happened.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Or know what causes this to happen?

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
This happend to me several times on our 8500 mile trip back east. The orange light came on indicating the DCA failure. It happend during heavy rain and snow. Once the weather improved, I was able to re-set the nanny's. The first time during snow, everything was shut off. I was able to set the cruise control to manual. The next couple times when the system shut down, the LDW and BSW stayed on. I contacted a dealership service department in Chicago and he directed me to check the sensor which is in the middle of the grill, low near the bumper. I cleaned it of debris and it never happened again. The shut down is a safety feature so that you don't use the nanny's during extreme weather. Like I said, the other two features still worked and in my opinion were a life saver. When you can't see the road when its dark and pouring rain, those two features worked and kept me on the road. I never will buy a car without LDW.

If your sensor shuts down again, and thee sensor is clean, I'd take it in for service. It might be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
295 Posts
keeping the sensors clean is key,
it might help to start a regular cleaning ritual for the sensors im sure after some time dust and dirt gets caked on

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so it was the LDW that failed and the BSI failed too. I can understand that the camera for the LDW gets blocked, but how does that impact the BSI?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most of the time when I hear about these problems it can be fixed by taking care of the sensors. If you try that and it doesn't work still then I would take it into the dealer.

Its a pretty funny problem in some ways that you are going through all this trouble for a system that warns you if you are driving poorly. The more stuff you have in your car, the more things can go wrong.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If cleaning the sensors doesn't do anything and the dealer has to take over the job, then, just hope the turn around time is good enough, sometimes it can take a while on these new cars.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I wrote the LDW failed, I meant that it had failure during the trip. Wanted to clarify if that was confusing. But I suppose if something was blocking the cameras, and those are the sensors then clean the windshield. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to clean it either.
I'd like to know why the LDW affects the BSW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts