Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whelp, not having the best of luck.

Rock hit my new 2017 QX60 (only have had it for a month and a half) and the windshield is going to need replacing.

Anyone know how much a replacement costs for this vehicle? It has the Deluxe Tech Package.

Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
That sounds s terrible, I would be bummed too. if you have glass coverage with your insurance go with it. Mine has zero deductibles for glass.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds s terrible, I would be bummed too. if you have glass coverage with your insurance go with it. Mine has zero deductibles for glass.
Yeah, my insurance says glass is normally no deductible, but since the repairs of this windshield will exceed my $500 deductible, I'll need to pay it. That's why I wanted to make sure that this repair is really going to cost over $500.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That doesn't sound right, zero deductible means, you dont have to pay, period. Insurance should cover it all. Of course they will jack up the premium as soon as they get a chance but for once you can get something from them, instead of donating your money each month or quarter. In the past I had windshield replaced for free, all paid by insurance. I don't remember my insurance companies ever mentioning it is zero unless replacement cost is higher than your deductible. I have replaced 2 windshields in the past on two different vehicles, and numerous chip repairs, no out of pocket expense ( at least at the time of repair, though my premium didn't go higher either, love Geico, I think I deserve it after being their customer for 20 years!)

·
Registered
663 Posts
There are a few previous posts with dealership estimates in the ~$1k area. I went with Safelite for around $300 with coupon and they came to my house. I have the forward camera so make sure the replacement glass tint accommodates the camera.

All said and done I wouldn't recommend Safelight. The glass is from a different manufacturer and while install/look/feel like the original, the rain sensing function doesn't work as well as with the original glass. Keep in mind this is a non-educated assumption through correlation.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Also starting from 2016 the windshield is using laminated glass for sound deadening / reduction I doubt safelite would have. Like Yeller my experience of their replacement windshield wasn't the best.

Have you gotten an estimate from the dealer?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
You have zero deductible but they cap the amount? That doesn't sound like real insurance to me. That sounds like some BS a car salesman would make up.

I will point out that we've seen some issues with non-oem windshield replacements on cars with rain sensing wipers (yours has them). The sensors don't stay attached properly to the aftermarket windshields and cause problems. We've seen it on QX60 and Q50 - and enough to know it isn't a one-off problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow. this sounds crazy. I got a crack in my window with about 200 miles on the ODO. Went to safelite and they ran my VIN had new glass next day and installed it no problem.

My insurance had a zero deductible too, most insurance does for glass breaks, specially if they are "in the drivers view". What insurance do you have!?!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But did you get OEM glass? I requested OEM and Safelite says they have to order it, so I'm still waiting... As for my insurance, glass damage is covered under comprehensive coverage which I have set to a $500 deductible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
But did you get OEM glass? I requested OEM and Safelite says they have to order it, so I'm still waiting... As for my insurance, glass damage is covered under comprehensive coverage which I have set to a $500 deductible.
Are you going to file a claim with insurance? If not, do you know if Safelite will add a markup to ordering the OEM glass for you or can you purchase the glass and have Safelite do it for you? Just curious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will point out that we've seen some issues with non-oem windshield replacements on cars with rain sensing wipers (yours has them). The sensors don't stay attached properly to the aftermarket windshields and cause problems. We've seen it on QX60 and Q50 - and enough to know it isn't a one-off problem.
Is it a sure thing?

I just wonder because I am looking for this kind of work. I called up the repair shop, and they said it would not be an issue with the glass they had.

Can it be done right if people know what they are doing, or is that very unlikely?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Are you going to file a claim with insurance? If not, do you know if Safelite will add a markup to ordering the OEM glass for you or can you purchase the glass and have Safelite do it for you? Just curious.
I've already filed it with my insurance. Just got the work order, it's in total $1,057.63 - $1128.44 including tax. The glass itself (OEM) is $869.82, some rain sensing adhesive is like $10, labor is $144 and some "REVEAL-UPPER" is $50. I have to wait for the glass to be delivered to them, it's a "Limited Availability" item, so they don't keep it in stock (since it's OEM).

*EDIT*
Looking at the work order again, they noted it will take 7-10 days for the windshield to arrive from the dealership.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Can it be done right if people know what they are doing, or is that very unlikely?

I would think so. It seems crazy that it wouldn't work on an aftermarket one - I'm just reporting what my service department has found. And really, even our service department would be happier if the aftermarket glass worked. They don't like telling customers they have to spend a grand to fix a three month old windshield.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your car is so new aftermarket is probably not even available yet so company's like safe light will use O.E. glass, since i was a parts manager for car dealership I'M speeking from experiance and i only sold them windshields for new cars. your always better off with an O.E. windshield i think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
it's only been more than one month, so sad.
I think you need to figure out insurance thing, they should cover it more or less.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts