Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was in Lake Tahoe last week - snowed Wednesday and Thursday - beautiful.
We drove to Kirkwood each day to ski and snowboard.
Some gnarly conditions on Hwy88, but the QX60 handled it like a champ! (see attached pics)
Very satisfied with the vehicles handling on the road in snow.
Next morning, had to dig my car out, then wait for the snow plow to clear road before we left the the next morning.
Great powder days at Kirkwood!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
This is the first I've seen of heavy snow and the QX60. Sounds like a great trip and sure appreciate your feedback on how well the car handled.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QX60 handled very competently in the heavy snowfall in mountains.
I've 20" wheels, with Michelin Latitude tires - bit nervous driving in the mountain roads with the heavy snow, but the car handled well. The AWD did not engage, even on the uphill climbs.
I was driving in manual mode with the gear selector on 1 or 2, taking my time and leaving plenty of distance between myself and the car in front. I rarely braked.
I made sure to stay on the road and not stray off the road - although it was very hard to see.
Also had the heat blasting and defroster on to keep the car and windows warm to limit any snow accumulation.
Only problem I encountered was when leaving Kirkwood - where the car was parked, there was a lot of snow accumulation on the ground all around my car, like the third photo, and on the main road. I couldn't get the car out of my parking spot - broke out my shovel and dug a small path for the car and then the Kirkwood staff came over and helped.
Once I got the QX60 moving out of the parking lot and to the main road at Kirkwood, it was fine - blazed my own trail out of there....

Yea - that snow cap was on the car for the duration of the trip...accelerating didn't get it off - a couple quick left and right turns, and then 'gunning' it dumped the entire chunk behind us.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh, man, I would love to take my Blizzak equipped car in snow that deep. I've only been in a couple of inches, and icy conditions. The tires gave me a clear advantage over the other folks sliding around and not being able to start up hills.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts